f0ûrtëën

You have provided a spark, that left unattended, may grow into an inferno.

•president snow•the hunger games•suzanne collins•

At 2pm I wandered through the streets to work, shrugging off my coat and replacing it with the apron.

"Mudcake!"

I got shoved a slice of the heavy chocolate cake, and I drew double ovals, sprinkled with flowers, and dusted it with icing sugar.

"Service!" I yelled back, my voice shaking.

Yelling wasn't my thing.

I barely even screamed, and when I did it was pitiful and soft and not urgent enough that my parents ignored it.

When the hot water washed over my cheeks, I thrashed and tried to scream, but no sound came out.

I heard Tim's jacket get hung up behind me. I could tell by the little clicks from the numerous zips, and the small bells ringing on the pulls of the zips.

"Olivia!" He sang, leaning against the bench behind me.

"Chocolate cheescake!"

I drew a caramel triangle, sprinkled yellow flowers, dusted with icing sugar and sent it over. "Service!"

"Olivia?"

"Yes, Tim?" I asked, my voice coming out more bored than I wanted. "Sorry."

He just smiled. "Sorry for what?"

"Nothing." I smiled at him softly.

I could almost feel a twinkle in my eye.

Maybe he was lighting a spark. A small one, where even the weakest gust of wind would extinguish it;

But it was enough to be the beginning of something.

_

I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES

_wolfbell