Chapter 2: Meet the Members

3rd POV

Outside Eternal's practice room on the 6th floor of Mystery Ent. stands two women. On of them is Kim Miyoung, dressed smartly for a full day of work. Next to her, a tall girl stands, a large suitcase and 2 large sports bags, packed full of everything she needed, pushed up against the wall beside her. Her shoulder length brown hair, straightened and set in place. She wanted to make a good impression on her other member. Her training clothes consisted of a pair of baggy sweats and a tank top covered by an off-the-shoulder t-shirt.

She tugs at the end of her shirt, trying to pull it down a little more out of nervousness. Miyoung notices the girls hesitation. Smiles softly at the girl. "Don't worry too much. Chaerin will love you. She's not as scary as you think she is." she says to try and calm down the girls nerves. The girl had seen Chaerin perform her solo stage at the last evaluation, and to say her skills are amazing is an understatement. Not to mention the girl spoke to no one and was incredibly intimidating that day. Yes. The girl was a little scared.

The small window on the door allows for the girl to cautiously look into the practice room. The only girl in the room sitting on the floor in her own set of training clothes, a black skinny tank top and baggy camo pants, surrounded by papers and what looks like her practicing at the mirror before shaking her head and going back to writing on the paper.

"Go on." Miyoung says gesturing at the door. The girl takes a deep breath before tugging on the door handle and mustering her confidence to walk into the room calmly. She tries to go inside quietly, however just as she goes to step into the room fully, she trips. Face first.

Chaerin flinches at the sudden loud noise. Looking up from her writing her corrections, she looks at the body on the floor, groaning in pain as she tries to lift herself up. Miyoung stands just inside the door, look on at the situation in amusement, waiting to see how it turns out. The girl finally manages to rise to her knees before she looks up, remembering why she was in this room to begin with.

They lock eyes. Chaerin staring blankly at the girl for a moment. The girl staring back, her nose scrunching at the though that she just embarrassed herself in front of her new team member. That split second felt like minutes to the two girls. She suddenly breaks her eye contact with Chaerin's scary 'resting bi*ch face' and looks at the floor, thinking she may have offended the girl, dropping in like that unannounced.

Chaerin breaks out of her shock first, realizing she should go and help the poor girl stand back up. Shaking herself, she stands up from her sitting position, stepping around her papers, not wanting them to crease or rip under her weight. The girl on her knees hear's the girl get up and flinches at her footsteps. Chaerin crouches down in front of the girl, holding her hand out. "Did you want some help? Are you hurt? It looked like it hurt." Chaerin says, a minuscule comforting smile sliding onto her face, hoping she didn't scare the girl.

She finally looks up at the girls face again, seeing the small smile and the girls hand stretched out for her to take. She places her slightly smaller hand into Chaerin's, feeling the world slowly rise as she gets helped back to her feet. "Are you okay?" Chaerin asks, still holding onto the girls hand. She gives the girl a once over, checking for any kind of bruise or injury. The girl finally answers. "Ah, yes, I think im okay. I'm sorry for disturbing your practice." Chaerin's eyes follow the girls gaze to her lyrics written out on many pieces of paper. "That's okay." She says looking back at the girl.

"Miyoung-ssi, I though you were busy today?" Chaerin says directing her attention to the staff member that has stood in the corner throughout the whole situation. "Ah, yes. I do have work to get back to, but the company has officially told me that I am to introduce all the girls to you and show them to the practice room. Something about a familiar face and having done it before. I don't really know. Anyway, take her to the dorm later, show her around, get to know her, you know. I do have to go now though. I am sure you can handle it from here. Right, Leader?" Miyoung says, draging out the word 'leader', before slipping the girls bags into the doorway and going out the door herself.