Insecurities

Keith's P.O.V.

            Did that really just happen? I thought no one would ever like me because I'm a shy blob. BUT HOLY HECK THAT JUST HAPPENED. 

          I may not seem like it (Ha lies) but I actually have a lot of insecurities. They are actually really bad, I just hide them. And the good thing about not talking to people is that people don't know them. But now, I have to deal with Lance finding them out. And I don't know how I can hide them from him. I feel like.... well that I can trust him with anything, and talk to him about my problems. But how will he think about me? I mean I have a LOT of things that I look back on and cringe at.

*Cue Flashback >:3*

     "Keith! COME HERE NOW!!!!!!" There was thirteen year old Keith,  still living with his parents at the time. Sadly, Keith's parents were....abusive. Keith knew that his father was calling him down probably to clean up a bottle of wine he threw across the room. Even if they abused him, Keith still loved them. He couldn't help it.

  Keith ran down the stairs, not knowing it wasn't a wine bottle. Instead, in front of him stood a huge fire. Tears started rolling down his face. His father was now on the floor, motionless . And his mother was no where to be seen.

===Time Skip===

   Keith was now thrown into the system. He was thrown into a few different homes, all of them put him back. They all thought he was weak, just because he was a shy blob that didn't talk. One day, there were two adults that adopted Keith. Their names were Takashi (or Shiro) and Adam. And they never put Keith back in the system. But because they have had Keith for almost four years, they know all about his past. When they first got him, they put Keith in school. That was a mistake. Keith got bullied, and as you know, got homeschooled for the rest of his life.

*End of Flashback*

NO ONES P.O.V.

Ever since then, Keith has been (emo) isolating himself. Never opening him self, for others to see. A lot of people think he's worthless, and maybe they're right. But, they had one thing wrong, Keith was smart. He has learned many things when he lived with his parents, and when he was in the system. That thing was, defense. Since he practically had noodle arms (me too) and his legs were so short, he was weak. So he really could not fight (again me too).

Keith's P.O.V.

   I was cut off with my (depressing; sad; unforgettable;) thoughts with a shake from the boy beside me. "Keith. Keith, come on man! KEITH!" I snapped out of my thoughts so quickly I fell off the bed. Lance started laughing, and after a while I started laughing too, but once I did Lance became silent. I looked at him in confusion, "What?"

He still had a shocked expression on his face. "I didn't think such a shy emo.... COULD LAUGH!!!" Then we both started to laugh again. Lance laughed so hard he fell off the bed. After we were done laughing I felt Lance grab my hand. He pulled me up and started running toward his door. We carefully walked down the stairs, making sure not to wake anybody up, and walked outside his front door.

"Where are you taking me?" I whispered.

"It's a surprise."

He then let go of my hand and started climbing a ladder that was at the side of the house. He looked down once and signaled me to follow him. Once I climbed up the ladder, I saw Lance sitting on the roof. I walked over and joined him.

"I come up here when I can't sleep, or sad, and it calms me. I just love stargazing."

I felt his hand hold mine and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Now it means so much more"