Coordinates

Antares

Things appeared to be going better for Eternity and Eldernova in their bubble than they were going for me, floating in the currents and desperately trying to hide from the ninety-meter-long Leviathan. Aerriy was desperately attempting to get Ovogoros to return his attention to her and failing - the Leviathan was too angry to care, now - in a gambit to allow us the time to escape.

All of a sudden the mighty Leviathan let out a rapacious assault on my ears in the form of a howl of fury and pain. He jerked back from the bubble of my friends (Which he'd had both tails plunged into) with a small hurricane of bubbles as if he'd been struck, craning his huge head around to look at his twin tails. I dared to float closer for a better look, and my mouth subsequently dropped open.

What remained of the tips of his lashing appendages was a pair of stumps, both bleeding profusely into the water. One end was simply torn off (I could only assume), but the other... the other smoldered, as if set aflame, with orange light. Was that the result of Eldernova's sword?

I smiled grimly to myself. It was hard to imagine the Human harming another living being - he seemed to be an overgrown ball of fluff with an excruciatingly soft heart.

No. It didn't make sense. It must have been something else. Perhaps Eternity had cast a fire spell? Yes, now that was plausible, that theory had merit.

"BLOOOOOOOOD!" Ovogoros screamed, making my grin upend itself into a dry look of horror. I quickly rocketed across the dome of light as the Leviathan opened its mouth wide and unleashed its breath weapon upon us all.

.     .     .

Eternity

 I stumbled forward, through the freezing cold water that was very, very quickly filling our bubble. My entire body - save for my head, neck, and ruff - had gone numb in the biting currents. I could barely move them at all.

But I had to try. I had to try, for Elder. About two milliseconds after he had swung Alaspakta through Ovogoros's remaining tentacle, vaporizing the tail end into a swarm of triangular light, his eyes had rolled up into his head, and he'd crashed into the water - the water that he would drown in if I didn't do something to stop it.

That was going to be hard to do, however, if I myself drowned as well, a possibility that was growing increasingly likely.

First things first, I thought. Stop the flow of more water into the bubble. If the water encroached all the way over my head, too, then we were both as good as dead.

I reached out with my mind, observing the threads of mana making up the bubble, observing where they were broken, and allowing new threads to grow in their place. Within moments, all of the cracks in the surface of the bubble were covered as the translucent sheen of the bubble crawled over the holes, mending them and keeping any further liquid from spilling in.

Great. Now to get Eldernova out of this mess. His skin had begun to turn a disturbing shade of blue, and I cursed myself for being so sluggish. I knew that the ice-cold (Colder, actually) water around me had slowed my movements, but that was no excuse. I had a hell of a lot more temperature resistance as a Hyperian than Eldernova (Or anyone else on my bridge, as a matter of fact) did, and as such, it was my job to get my friends and I out of extreme temperature environments if everyone else was incapacitated (Well, Antares was still awake, but as he wasn't in the bubble with Elder and I, he didn't count).

I reached out and pulled him out of the water just enough for his head to be above water. After three absolutely terrifying seconds where I couldn't see or hear him breathing, he coughed and let out a small breath. Other than that, he gave no indication that he was still alive. His breathing began to steady out, though he was still taking in tiny gulps of air. His lungs were probably too cold to do much more than that.