Triaxus

Eldernova

In the past seven minutes, I had learned the following things:

That there were Humans who had somehow discovered the Multiverse before I had (Not that I was jealous. I still wasn't sure whether I wanted to know about the Multiverse.)

That I was apparently now First Seeker aboard the MFS flagship.

Literally everything about that office.

I can honestly say that I'd never felt so confused in my life. Just when my questions had been answered, a second tidal wave of questions had crashed into me. Would there ever be an end to my questions about this new Multiverse?

It didn't seem like it.

Incessant doubt and relentless worry consumed my mind as the MFS Supernova traveled, like a tidal wave of anxiety crashing down onto a beach. It didn't make sense to me why I, of all the inhabitants of the Multiverse, had been chosen to be the Nova I barely knew how to load a magnum, much less how to engage in swordplay. How could I be expected to be able to do anything that resembled saving the Multiverse?

I wasn't especially strong or fast, my stamina was laughably low, and the one asset that I did have in the form of my intellect wasn't going to protect me whatsoever in a fight. I couldn't see why I was expected to protect the known Multiverse from some great evil.

I was completely hopeless. The Magic I supposedly had was apparently utter chaos, and even if it wasn't I had absolutely no idea how to use it.

I let out a long, heavy sigh of exasperation.

And then, with a noise like a hurricane, the MFS Supernova exploded out from Aetherjump, threads of its existence piecing themselves together in the Material Plane like a weaver at a loom. The whole ship felt like it was rocketing to a stop for only a moment, and then the bridge was still. Once again I admired the smoothness of the Federation ships. Both the Starlit and the Supernova were absurdly smooth, even traveling at the insane speeds I now knew Aetherjump consisted of.

Looking out the viewscreen, I saw the massive form of a largely vibrant green planet with a few blue oceans below our ship. A few points of light on the glass (I could only assume the viewscreen was glass. What else could it be?) narrowed around one location, highlighting it with a sapphire chroma.

"Antares, there's nothing there. Just forest." Eternity said.

"That's literally the point," Antares said. "I wouldn't be a very good leader of a revolt if I left my outposts in plain sight, would I?" As he spoke, a Screen assembled itself next to the point, and words stretched across it:

Outpost Karhhiya, Coordinates 22.471° N 95.3266° W
Status: Radio-silent
Threat Level: High

It is advisable to avoid this location altogether. Three dozen hostile signatures detected.

"Radio-silent?!" Antares hissed, his features contorting into a visage of shock and rage. He peered closer at the map, re-reading the words. "Can this image be magnified?"

"Yeah," Eternity said, gesturing with three of her fingers at the viewscreen. The incredible view of the planet zoomed in on the area, now offering a visual that reminded me of an extremely high-quality version of the satellite imagery that we'd used back on... Earth. I mentally scolded myself for thinking of Earth, again.

"Is that..." Antares' furious expression changed to one of horror. "Twin stars, is that a Trianguli Military ship?!" I hadn't realized it before, I'd been too lost in thought about... other worlds... but there was a clear as-day very large black shape sitting near the view of the Outpost.