47. Dungeons and Promises (Zayden's POV)

Start from the beginning

"Everything they needed to know. Maybe once she is gone you will realize your feelings for me. We could rule the pack like how your parents did and once that filth is gone, the pack would be safe from rogues again. Besides, it is her own father who wants her. I'm just doing her a favor and reuniting her family." She tells me with a crazed look. This woman was actually crazy.

I've been telling you that ever since you slept with her. You are no less filthy than her. Ryder huffs.

Nice to know that my own wolf supports me. I retort back, sarcastically. Ryder doesn't reply, leaving me to deal with the crazed hoe myself.

I look at Jarred, who was staring at Patricia with a clenched jaw. He was pissed that she put the pack at risk, and so was I. I knew that we wouldn't get any answers from her this way.

"You are not going to reveal anything this way, are you?"

"What is the big bad Alpha going to do? Hit me?" She adds a wink in the end making me mentally barf. Most females repulsed me ever since I accepted Ionora as my mate. Yes, I did accept her as my mate sometime back but I don't think she realized it yet.

"No, I will not hit you." I affirm, making her face light up smugly. But that is soon wiped away when I add, "Jarred, call Vera and have her take care of this. I want every bit of information before the evening." Vera was the head of female warriors and was trained to extract information from spies and traitors. Jarred nods and mind-links Vera.

"Zayden, you can't do this. You will regret this once she is gone." Patricia screams making me roll my eyes.

"She isn't going anywhere. In case you didn't realize, your plan has failed. We know what is coming and we are prepared for them." I inform her, turning to leave. But what she says next makes me stop in my tracks.

"So you think you're the only one with a Plan B?" I turn to see her smirking viciously, making dread swirl in my stomach. Within seconds I'm choking her, her hands wildly trying to get off the chains which tied her to the chair. The fear which was blatantly written across her face now which gave me immense satisfaction.

"Tell me what you meant before your blood is splattered on the walls." I hiss at her, feeling murderous. She was really testing my patience. She whimpers and splutters out, gasping for air. For a fleeting moment, I watch her eyes look to her shoulders and that's all the clue I need for ripping the skimpy cloth barely covering her shoulder with my claws. I stare at her shoulder, dread and anger taking over me.

"The bitch was branded." I tell Jarred, pushing the chair away. She pants for air; every sound she made only increased my urge to finish her off.

"What does that mean?" Jarred asks in confusion. Most werewolves had no knowledge of witch terms and practices. My dad had passed on some of his knowledge to me through his various writings as he had worked with witches a lot.

"Branding is similar to a mate mark except it can be done between any two individuals. It is a bond, a promise made in the ancient witch language by which the person making the promise is bound by blood. One of the traits of branding is the ability to mind-link. This way, any two species can mind-link each other." I inform him, making him turn pale.

"So you mean-?"

"Yes. I think the rogues know that we are aware of their plans. We need to call a meeting immediately. We-"

Alpha, we have a problem. Liu, my Gamma, mind-links me.

Like we have a shortage of those, I think before asking Liu to continue.

Alpha Trenton's pack is under attack. Luckily, the Alpha had the presence to put the pack under lockdown after the King's warning but the warriors and Alpha is barely holding on. The moonstone is hidden in the pack safe spot but they might be able to get it if the fight continues.

Shit. I'm heading there with Jarred and some warriors right now. Is our pack under lockdown?

Yes Alpha, all wolves not qualified to fight have been lead to the bunkers below. I have also assigned warriors to protect the bunkers in case anything happens.

That's good, Liu. I want you to be in-charge of the pack while we're gone.

Copied, Alpha. But what about the Luna?

I think I'll talk to her myself. I tell him, staring at the beauty who was trying to talk to the dungeon guard in letting her through. The guard refused to budge. I really had to introduce her to the pack.

I walk up to the guard and on seeing me, he bows down.

"Thank you Ronald. I'll take it from here."

He returns to his post after giving Ionora one last look of disdain. She only glares at me. I smile back sheepishly. "With everything going on, I might've forgotten to inform the pack that I have found my Luna." I tell her, scratching my head.

"Never mind that. How could you even think of leaving for a battle without informing me?" She grits out.

"Were you worried about me?"

"No you idiot. Jordan's minions might not be as powerful as him but they are powerful nonetheless. The only reason why Trenton's pack is still fighting is because they hold the stone. Once they find that, the pack is as good as gone and can you guess where Jordan would head to next? Here. You need a witch on your side to even remotely stay in the fight longer than five minutes." She tells me, hands on her hips. How cute.

"I cannot allow you to come, Ionora." I assert straight out. She had barely learnt that she was a witch a few weeks ago and she was in no way, shape or form ready to take on her father yet. She had never I would let her fight him over my dead body.

"Oh, I wasn't going to. I was talking about my aunt and Vivian. My aunt is Jordan's cousin. She is bound to have the same powerful blood as him. She is one of the most powerful witches after Jordan and Stella. Vivian is also a powerful witch and a seer. You might need her if you want to locate the moonstone. Her visions might help too. Besides, she wants to go with Jarred." Ionora tells me, a little too innocently. But me being the lovesick fool I was, I ignored the alarm bells running through my head.

Seeing the predicament I was in, Ionora smiled sweetly, "I think the pack could use the Luna at a time like this. This could be our bonding time." I had expected her to put up a fight about wanting to fight besides me, being equal andall that.

I gave a sigh and relented, unable to say no to her. Besides, she would be safe in the pack and also, as she just said, she could bond with the pack members during this time and show her strength and compassion. I was very relieved that she had agreed to stay and look after the pack, being safe in the process.

Oh boy, if only I had known. 

---------------

A/N :

Three more chapters to go until the epilogue guys. I can't believe I'm actually doing this but it's a long time coming.

Please do vote if you liked what you read.

And if this gets 5 comments then I'll update the next chapter tomorrow. I promise.

Ciao. (I'm working on my Spanish guys)  lol.

Byeeee.