27 . Drool and Ice Princesses.

Drool and Ice Princesses

Ionora's POV:

Opening my eyes, I was greeted with the most magnificent sight I've ever seen.

Just kidding.

"Ew. Get off me you big oaf! And quit drooling all over me." I almost shout, pushing a sleeping Zayden off me. He wakes up with a start and then looks over to me with worry in his eyes.

Give this guy an Oscar someone, cause he sure acts like he cares.

"Are you alright?" He asks, scrutinizing me.

"Yes. I am. Now cut the crap and tell me what happened." I demand brusquely. I didn't need his pretend worry. "On second thoughts, give me some water first and then tell me what happened. And where am I?"

Zayden looked like he wanted to say something but he thought better of it and poured me some water from the bedside table.
I chug down the water like a dying fish and ask for some more. What? I'm thirsty.

Not like that, ya lil' nasties.

"So?" I prod, motioning him to continue.

"Well, after your father knocked me out, things got a little blurry but once I finally came to, I see you tackle your dad while you push Stella off yourself. That was really shocking since those two were two powerful witches and you were handling them yourself without even breaking a sweat. And then you send Stella flying to the other side of the room and you're still choking your dad with a strange light coming from you. You looked really deadly and I was sure you had killed him. But the room suddenly became too bright for us and by the time the light dimmed, Jordan and Stella were gone and you were passed out on the floor. You had no idea how worried I was thinking he had done something to you but thankfully, you had just fainted. Our guess is that they apparated out of there just before you killed them. I don't blame them for fleeing though, you looked fucking deadly with the light coming off you and your eyes blazing red. And oh, you were also floating in the air."

Zayden stopped there, giving me time to let that sink in. I just blinked at him with my eyes wide open, not believing what he just said. Deadly? Red eyes? White light?

Was he on crack? Or was it something stronger?

Jordan's throw might have given him a concussion or something. Yep. That must be it.

"As to where you are, you are in my room. The hospital needed the bed and you were taking to long to wait." He informed me, making me gasp.

"What do you mean 'too long'?"

"Ionora, you've been out for almost a week now."

"What?" I scream. Then I remember something. "What happened to my mom?" I ask, frantically pushing the covers off me. But the idiot pushes me back under the blankets.

"Nope. You're not leaving. You need to rest and you can leave once the doctor says so. And as for your mother, she's downstairs with your aunt, cousin and brother." He tells me, making me calm down a bit. She's safe. That's good.

"What happened to keeping them locked in the cells?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. He smiles sheepishly.

"I may or may not have realized that they're not the bad people?"

"Well, good for you. Or I may have had been labeled a murderer. Now I can leave and be with my family finally."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'LEAVE'?"
He shouts, his eyes switching from black to gold.
Oops. Guess I upset the beast.