38. More Relatives and Problems

Hi? Anyone there? I know I'm late but...... fine, I have run out of excuses.
Soooo....... happy reading!

Ionora's POV -

It had been 15 minutes since that stupid arrow had brought us that stupid message. I paced in the living room, where everyone had gathered after hearing the news through the mind link. There were hushed angry whispers and curses thrown around as my mate told them exactly what happened. I paid no heed though, as I thought over the possible steps to take but I came up empty everytime.

"You shouldn't have listened to the words on the paper the first time, you asshole. Then maybe this wouldn't have happened again." Screamed Ian, getting all up on my mate's personal space. Zayden looked angry but didn't kill my twin yet. Maybe he accepted his mistake and regretted it.

"What would you have done in my place, asshat?" He retorted back.

Guess I spoke too soon.

"Both of you "asses" seem to be forgetting that it is my cousin's life on the line here. So quit fighting like kids and try to think of something to save her and the pack." Vivian snapped at them. They immediately stopped arguing and resorted to glaring at each other.

"Ionora? Are you okay, my child?" The soft voice of my mother caught my attention. She sat on the sofa, still frail but definitely healthier. She patted down the space next to her and I went and sat there.

"I don't know anymore. I always thought my life was , excuse my language mom, fucked up, but my worries before this was if I would get food and shelter or be caught as a rogue. But now, I have to worry about myself and the pack, being a Luna and all." I tell her.

I see Zayden come towards me but I shake my head. I didn't want comfort right now. What use was comfort when I could be dead in a matter of days?

My mother smiles sadly at me and pats my cheek reassuringly. "Don't forget that the Moon Goddess made the moonstone herself and she wouldn't let it go into the wrong hands. Have some faith, Nora. She will show us the way."

And show us the way she did, as right when my mom said that, the doorbell to the pack house rings. The gamma, Liu brings in a man after a few moments , a man I had never seen before in my life.

But I guessed the man was important enough judging from the type of reaction he elicited from my mother. She stood up suddenly and in a shocked whisper, she asked, "Father?"

As soon as she said that, all the werewolves in the room got down on their knees and said in unison, "Your highness." I was shocked to see that even my stupidly arrogant mate was down on his knees. The only ones still standing were the witches, my mom and the 'half-bloods'. Yes, that was me. Unfortunately.

"E-Eva? Is that really you?" The king asked in a choked voice, full of emotions. My mom chose not to reply, opting to get up and run into his arms instead.

"Papa." She sobbed, burying her head in his chest. It was a heartwarming sight and I couldn't help but tear up. She seemed truly happy now. Even Ian looked tea red up but I didn't miss how he sneakily wiped his tears and tried to not look affected.

"I never thought I'd see you again, Eva. We looked everywhere for you." Then, taking his daughter's face in his palms, he scrutinized her. "What has he done to you? I swear on my throne that he will pay for what he has done. Who is the brave soul who saved you? I need to personally thank and reward them."

At this, my mother visibly tensed. She turned to look at me and I was shocked at the guilt and apology in her eyes. Why was she guilty?
Following her eyes, the king looked at me. He left his daughter's embrace and walked to me. When he was in front of me, he stared me down with startled, indecipherable eyes.
Did he see the resemblance?

"Who are you? And are you one of my subjects? Or are you a witch? I can't seem to tell." His voice was grave.

"Neither, your highness." I replied with a steely gaze. Something told me that shit was about to go down.

"What do you mean? Are you playing with me?" The king asked, with a hint of anger.

"No, my king. What I said was true, I am neither. I am a half blood, born of a Lycan mother and a warlock father." I tried not to cringe while mentioning my father. Just his thought brought a bitter taste in my mouth.

Like I just told him that the earth was flat, the king took a step away from me. He looked towards my mother as if seeking an explanation and she gladly gave him one.

"She is my daughter, born of Jason and me. The next heir to the throne."

The king takes a step back, as if struck by lightning and then looks at me with such hatred in his eyes that I almost tremble and take a step back. Even Liane whimpers in my head, feeling the wrath of her king, the Alpha.

"I refuse to accept this....... this abomination, born of an unholy reunion, as my heir."

Will my life ever stop being a soap opera?

----------------------

Please do vote and comment as I need proof that non-robots are reading my book. Thank you. <3

Edited - 15/01/2019