1 . Candies and Alphas

Candies and Alphas

Ionora's POV:

Life's a bitch.

I thought darkly as I sat atop the highest tree in the forest. The forest was right outside the Dawnblood pack and was considered as neutral ground.

A bigger bitch than you? Nah.

Ladies and gentlemen , I present to you , my Wolf , Liane. She was grumpy 90% of the time and the remaining 10%? She ignored me completely.

Lee , we are literally the same person you know?

I muttered while keeping a lookout for intruders.

So does that mean you called yourself grumpy? She snickered.

You know what? Bye.

I retorted , shutting her out completely.

Wait......wha....

Well , that's one thing taken care of. Now onto the next problem , I'm hungry. And let me tell you , when I'm hungry I'm worse than a three year old whining about candy. Speaking of candy , I want some. But looking around me , I could only see a sea of green and unless a magical seed was planted which would grow into a candy producing tree , I wouldn't be getting my candy anytime soon.

We are running from people who want us dead and you're thinking of candy?

Great , you're back again. I said with an eye roll.

Not my fault your shield falls when you're hungry.

That's because food is life and when you have no food, you lose focus in life.

I could literally feel her rolling her eyes and cursing fate for giving her the 'misfortune' to be my wolf.

Wait.......do you hear that?

Hear what? Your whining and bitching? Yeah. I do. Everyday actually. She said with a bitchy voice.

No, you chicken nugget. It sounds like footsteps. The whole lot of them headed this way. Damn.....are they onto us again? I did leave no trace of me. I even made sure to mask my scent this time. I......

Nora.....

Fuck.....they're getting closer Lee. We are screwed.....

NORA! Breathe.

I instantly shut up and forced myself to stay calm. Easier said than done, but I wasn't as tense as before and I could think more clearly.

The sound of footsteps was getting louder and I could distinguish 6 pairs of footsteps with my heightened senses. I felt my breathing come to a halt as the group of men continued walking and stopped right below the tree I was sitting on. I tried to use my super hearing to listen in to their hushed whispers but my attempt proved futile. They were too far down below and if I bent down anymore I would literally be getting one step closer to my death.

From the tree top where I sat, the faces of the men below were not visible but I could say that they were all of gigantic statures and looked like they belonged outside clubs as bouncers. I would stand no chance against them and had no personal desire to get captured just after escaping a hellhole. And no, I am not talking about school.

The men stood there for atleast another five minutes arguing about......whatever guys argue about these days I guess and three of the men left after bowing down to the other three. Wait.....bowing down? This just had to be another alpha and his clique, didn't it? I winced at the memory of my confrontation with the Alpha of a previous pack I trespassed by MISTAKE. Emphasis on the word mistake please.

I was just passing around the borders of this pack when the enticing aroma of a freshly baked batch of cookies from the bakery inside the pack made me halt and follow its hypnotizing scent. Needless to say, in spite of my plea of innocence, I was labeled as a dangerous rogue and put in a cell. Took me 3 whole days of careful planning and my super ninja skills to get out of the damn stink hole.

Focusing my attention back on the 3 guys, I could say that power and authority oozed from all three of them but mostly from the guy leaning against the tree wearing all black, meaning he was the Alpha. From what I could see, he was about 6' 2 and was fit as hell. There was something about him that I found strangely appealing and I blamed it on the immense power radiating off him in waves which told me he was no ordinary Alpha. The other two guys were obviously his beta and gamma and where slightly shorter than him.

Liane was pacing restlessly in the back of my mind and even I felt like something was going to happen, something bad? Good? I don't know.

But I didn't have any time to ponder upon it as I heard the unmistakable sound of a branch snapping and before I could register what was happening, I was falling down the tree and getting caught in the hands of the sexy stranger standing below the tree.

And as I locked gazes with him, the only word flashing in my mind was the one word I didn't think I would be muttering any time soon.

MATE!

~~~~
Edited - 08/01/19