34 . Delusions and Brands. (3rd Person POV)

Delusions and Brands

Third person PoV :

"That bitch! How dare she just walk into MY pack and steal MY mate? Who does she think she is? " She thought loudly as she walked along the trail in the forest leading to the outskirts of the pack.

Her plan to make Zayden hate Ionora had backfired. In fact, he had her thrown into the cells while that bitch enjoyed her stay in the pack house. It had taken some effort to get out of the cells but she had been lucky that the guard guarding her cell had been an ex lover. One false promise of a passionate night in bed and a little magic of seduction had helped her escape. Now she had to hide in the outskirts before the other pack warriors found her and throw her back in the cells. Or worse, the dungeons. She had to hide and wait for Zayden to cool down. He would surely realize that she was better than the witch and come searching for her.

You are fucking delusional. Why the hell would you want someone other than your own mate, you wench?
Her wolf, Peony screamed in her head.

The question is, why would you want someone other than an Alpha as a mate? And Zayden is the strongest of them all.
She cackled while her wolf growled and shut herself off.

Patricia didn't mind since she was used to her wolf disagreeing with every single thing she said. Besides, she didn't believe in all this mating bullshit. Who needed love when you could get the power of ruling over hundreds of wolves? Well, that was what she thought anyways.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice another form following her for quite some time now. It was only when she reached the outskirts that she smelled the distinct sent of an intruder. She growled and looked around.

"Show yourself, Rogue." She growled. She despised rogues ever since her mother had left her father and the pack for a rogue. She wanted to tear into the rogue and satisfy her burning anger but she couldn't shake off the inkling that the scent was very familiar.

"I wouldn't call me that, if I were you." A very familiar voice called out, as a hooded figure stepped out from behind one of the trees lining the trail.

Patricia gasped and almost tripped as she took a step back from shock as the figure removed the hood and revealed its face.

"Miss me?" The rogue female smirked taking a bold step forward which only incited Patricia to growl threateningly.

"Espona. Glad to see you're not fucking dead." She greeted the rogue, not so warmly.

"I see that you've not gotten over your hatred for me even after all these years. But I can't say I blame you, since I did have all the attention of the guy you fancied." Espona grinned.

Patricia seethed in anger. First the witch and now this? Was fate toying with her?

"What. Do. You. Want?"

"Not Zayden. Not anymore. He's all yours." Espona replied, holding her arms up.

"Then why are you here after all these years? And why should I believe you? You are a filthy rogue."

"You see, I want something that Zayden has. And who better person to help me than you?" She smiled, but Patricia wasn't reassured one bit.

"What do you mean? Can you stop fucking talking in riddles and get on with it?" She said, her tone displaying get irritation.

"It's quite easy really. You want Zayden and I want the witch with him. I won't be able to carry this out without someone on the inside and I doubt you can get Zayden with the witch around. We work together and get what we want. It's a win-win."

Patricia contemplated the offer. As much as she hated rogues, and Espona, the bitch was right. As long as Ionora stayed around Zayden, it would be near impossible to get him for herself. Not to mention the stupid mating pull. She had to act fast before Zayden did something stupid. Like mark her. Or worse, mate with her. That would officially ruin any chances she had with him. Her best bet was to play along with whatever Espona said.

Espona watched Patricia as the latter stared at her with a calculating gaze. But she was confident that she would give in. She loved power a little too much and would do anything to elevate her position in the pack. Even give up her own mate to mate with an Alpha.

"What do you want me to do?" Patricia finally gives in, the offer too good to resist. Espona smirks in victory. This chick was too easy.

"We need you to be our eyes inside the pack. As you know, Rogues aren't exactly welcome here so we need an insider to tell us everything that's going on. And who better than a member of the pack?"

"I'm not exactly welcomed here either, if you didn't know already." Patricia sneered.

"I'm sure you'll find a way. We meet here every week and I'll tell you what to do. You'll be Luna in no time." Espona promised.

"I'll be going now, before I'm caught and put back in the cells. You better leave too."

"Not so soon, doll." In one swift motion, she was beside Patricia and holding her by the neck. Patricia burned in pain as a newly made tattoo began to form on her shoulder blades.

"What the fuck was that?" She wheezed out, the pain fading into a full throb.

"That my dear, was a branding. A promise that you will carry out every order given to you and a sign that your loyalties lie with us."

"And what if I break this promise?" She gritted out, already questioning her rash decision.

"Let's just say that you would be dead before you find out." Espona said in a tone that sent shivers down her spine.

And then, she was gone without a trace leaving Patricia baffled and scared.

What had she gotten into?

-----------------------------

WARNING : Awfully long rambling ahead. Proceed with caution.

Happy Christmas peeps!!!!
Now that exams are done with, I can hopefully put all my attention on this book. The last chapter showed me freaking out over 16k reads and just in a matter of a month, we're at 35k. Like WHAT. THE. FCKGSGGHGDSD.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS.

I JUST FREAKING ADORE Y'ALL, m'kay?

Don't forget to vote if you liked this........chapter?

Again, Happy Holidays and best wishes to each and every one of you. <3

-K ❤

Edited - 15/01/2019