20 . Lost Princesses and friends. (Zayden's POV)

Lost Princesses and Friends

Zayden's POV:

Have you ever had a hangover so bad that you feel like breaking all the alcohol bottles in the world just so that you would never drink again? Or you feel like stabbing the person who kept saying 'one more drink' before realizing that you were that person? Multiply that feeling by a hundred and you have what I'm feeling right now. Minus the part where I puke because I was pretty sure I didn't have any alcohol last night.
I tried to move my hands to cover my eyes from the bright light hitting my face but I find them tired firmly to the wall behind me. Finally after struggling for a few seconds I open my eyes and adjust them to my surroundings.

I was in the abandoned shack but it didn't seem so abandoned anymore. I stared in shock at the wall before me filled with various photographs of Ionora with red circles drawn around them like she was a target. What shocked me even more was the woman tied up on the floor below the wall who looked like an older version of my mate, if you disregarded the bruises, dark circles and bones sticking out. Even in such a condition, the lady reeked of royalty and pride.

"Are you okay?" I asked the woman, which was a really dumb question as anyone could see that she was not. But I had to start somewhere. Maybe she would help me make sense of this situation.

But the woman merely stared back at me with an unreadable expression in her face.

"Hello? Do you have any idea who brought me here and why?" I asked again, hoping she would answer me this time. The silver handcuffs were draining my wolf and I could hear him whining in pain. I had to get out of these soon.

"She wouldn't be of any use to you." A sneering voice answered from behind me. The smell and very aura of the man screamed warlock.

"I'm guessing you would be then. Mind telling me why I'm here, Warlock?" I sneered back, itching to punch the hell out of his ugly face and personality.

"Now, now, that's not how you talk to the person who holds you captive Alpha." He said, mocking my title.

I growled viciously, wanting to lunge forward and rip his throat out but the silver handcuffs which were burning my skin prevented that.

"Why am I here?" I gritted out, hoping I would get the answer this time.

"You are here because you are the bait we need to capture the half-blood freak once and for all."

"Half-blood what?" I asked in confusion.

"Don't play dumb." He rolled his eyes, anger evident in his tone."You clearly know that the thing you call a mate is a half-blood."

Ionora was a half-blood? Either I was hit really hard on the head or this guy was on the some sort of magical drug.

"Ha ha" I said in a blank voice. "You and the whole world know that half-bloods don't exist, Warlock."

"They didn't. Until your mate was born." He continued, smirking as he noticed the shocked look on my face. "Your mate is the one and only half blood in our world right now. Exotic and rare , isn't she?" He said, smacking his lips together to rile me up.

I'm having his meat for breakfast tomorrow. Just you wait and watch. Ryder growled in anger.

I ignored my cannibal wolf and took a deep breath. I had to stay calm if I had to get out of here. But first, I needed answers.

"And why would I believe you? We all know what happened when witches are trusted, don't we? "

"If it is me you don't believe, then let me show you someone you would believe for sure. " He gave me another psychotic smirk and moved towards the lady tired up on the floor.