Your only parent passes away - G

I kinda cried writing this omg

Today was supposed to be fine.

I smiled, I laughed, I loved, but most all I lived.

Not everyone gets that chance, to live.

Today was going fine, until I got the call.

That one call that easily broke down my walls, made me realized that life and happiness could be snatched away from you even when you have the tightest grip on those things.

How are they taken away so easily?

I almost didn't pick up the phone, i was with my boyfriend, Grayson. He was making me smile, the second person to make me happy.

The first was my dad, although Grayson used to me make me happy along with my dad, now he can't. He can't make me happy, I can't even bear to smile at all.

Here's my story:

It was 10 in the morning, Grayson was beside me, holding onto me. I was smiling. I was so happy, everything felt so right. We kissed a couple times, we hugged. But perhaps, I should've been hugging my dad.

If I had known how little time he had left, I would've hugged him, for the rest of his time. I wouldn't have let go. I wouldn't have let him go. But I did.

So there I am, laughing, and smiling. Thinking about all the things that I was happy about.

Then my phone rang, It rang multiple times before I picked up, the number being unfamiliar. "Hello? Who is this?" I greeted. "This is Saint Hospital, is this Y/N?"

Why would they call me?

"Yes, this is her." I replied.

"We have some bad news, Y/N."

"I want you to sit down, and breathe before I tell you this." The lady says. Making me so nervous.

I sat down, and calmed myself.

"What is it?" I asked shakily.

"You're father, he's in the hospital. He has been in a terrible accident and ... he's barely clinging onto life. Please make it here to say goodbye." She faintly said.

My mouth dropped open, the words repeating in my head. Tears pricking my eyes.

Goodbye?

How could I say goodbye, to the man who made my life, who made me who I am, and was my only parent?

How could this happen to me?

"Mrs. L/N?" The women said.

"I'll be there as fast as I can."

I then hung the phone up and grabbed my keys, yelling for Grayson.

"What's wrong babe?" He ran up to me.

"My dad, he's- dying.." I chocked it out. Gray's has dropped and he grabbed his shoes, I got the memo, running out the front door, Gray following close behind.

I arrived at the hospital, ripping the keys of the ignition and basically running into the building, Grayson following me.

"Please god, let him live." I mumbled.

I frantically told the lady his name, and she gave me the room number. I ran to the number and calmed my breathing.