Sick ~ E (PT 2)

Ethan couldn't believe it. 

Was he supposed to be mad? Upset? 

He hated that the love of his life had cancer. But he was mad that she had bottled it up. 

He prayed that these weren't her last days. He wanted to make her last days special. 

"Ethan.. I have an appointment to go to." She said softly.

Ethan smiled, and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. (no they haven't shaved her head, i dont know if thats necessary but if not lets pretend you dont have to.) "You will beat this.." He whispered. She nodded and smiled, "I'll never stop fighting for you Ethan." 

"Nothing will ever come between us, not even this sickness." 

"I'll beat it. I promise." By now, Ethan had tears running down his face as the love of his life spoke. He knew she could do it. 

"I'll get going now." She kissed his cheek and walked away, both bidding goodbye and Ethan sat there as she drove away. 

--

Ethan heard the door shut softly, soft sobs broke through the silence and Ethan ran to the cries. "Oh sweetie, what's wrong?" He hugged her, her head lying softly on his chest. 

"I have eight days." She said.

"Til' what?" He sputtered nervously.

"Til' I die." She cried.

And with that, Ethan held her close as he remembered that she promised, but she couldn't help it. She was strong, but maybe she was sick of being strong. Maybe she needed to relax. 

Day 1-

Ethan and Mia went to the beach, swimming and splashing, trying to forget about the 7 days they had left. 

Day 2- 

Ethan took Mia to the movies, watching a movie that was kind of similar to their situation. But instead, the girl had fought past the cancer. Making Mia smile. The girl had won against the cancer. Sadly, she couldn't say the same for herself. 

Day 3-

Mia had dinner with Ethan and her own family. Smiling and laughing as Ethan threw the desert at her while the families were looking away. 

Day 4-

They relaxed in bed together, watching movies and eating junk food. 

Day 5-

They ate pizza together, while hanging with Grayson. Mia made sure to hang out with Grayson a little extra since she won't be seeing him soon. 

Day 6-

Ethan and Mia talked about their future that wouldn't come true. 

Day 7- 

They both dreaded the next day. But Ethan kept himself together. He was afraid that he would fall apart. 

Day 8-

They waited. Still making jokes here and there. But they knew the time would come..

Day 9-

Mia lived a ninth day. 

Day 10-

She also lived a tenth one.

Confused, they went to the doctors. 

Tests were done, hugs were given. 

Day 11-

Ethan and Mia got a letter, it was from the doctors. Mia had beat cancer. 

(fijaifosdjfsiafjaoijdsiajfjkshfw im CRYING THIS WAS SO EMOTIONAL. my mom actually has cancer but it isn't as bad, she still has time to get it removed. but, this is a real thing. People actually have family, friends, and even themselves. And they do not deserve it. Its heartbreaking. I wish everyone could get better, i love you guys!)