Prolouge

"Damn girl, shit can't be that rough. It'll get better soon, I promise," my bestfriend tried to reason.
I had been crying my eyes out for the past hour and a half because life was not going how I expected it to be. I thought for sure after receiving my degree from FAMU in mass communications things would start to fall into place.

Boy, was I wrong. Here I was broke, single, and working some lame ass job as a waitress in a nightclub. I was supposed to be on someone's News Cast by now.

"It's just hard, Ti. Especially since me and Lucas are broken up. I thought for sure if I didn't have anything I would always have him," I sobbed.

"Bitch, oh please! Fuck Lucas' ass. That nigga is a lame. The nerve of that pussy. He's the one on that shit and wants to turn everything around on you. The fuck you look like holding a nigga down and you have a college degree? You should've told that nigga to kiss where the sun don't shine," my bestfriend ranted.

"I just don't know, Ti. Yeah, he was into some deep shit but I mean at least he was tryna get some money. I feel like I fucked everything up."

"Girl, that ain't tryna get no damn money. He's a fucking loser. You're beautiful, smart as hell, and have a bright future. Don't waste your time on no silly ass, wanna be kingpin, corner boy! Girl, get it together. Do I need to come over there?"

"No, Bestie. I have work in like an hour. I need to get my lazy ass up. I have no business sitting around sulking over this shit when I can't even pay my rent."

"Hey, I didn't want to be too mean and say it. Get your ass up and go make them coins.", she encouraged. I smiled. She knew how to make me feel better. We said our goodbyes and I went to start to get ready for work. I examined myself in the mirror. I just didn't look like the same Jeannie anymore. I didn't look like the happy-go-lucky girl who was always ready to have fun. I looked sad. Hell, my eyes looked sad.

I brushed my thoughts away and threw my curly brown hair into a ball. During my shower, I thought about what I would do to make more money.

Maybe I can wear something more skimpy. Get me some tips, I thought.

I looked at the wall clock above my shower and realized I only had 30 more minutes until I had to work I rushed out of the shower and rushed to do some more hygiene. I headed over to my closet and chose a black bodysuit with short shorts and some small heels, high enough to be sexy but short enough to walk in. I sprinted to my car.

As I was trying to cut it on, it wouldn't start.
"Oh,no! Fuck! This shit cannot be happening to me right now."

At this point I was stuck. I knew for damn sure I wasn't about to cry anymore. I had to stop being a weak bitch and get my shit together. I remembered I had this girl's number Cinnamon from the club and decided to call her to cover for me.

"Um, hello?"
"Yeah, Cinnamon, this is Jeannie. My car won't start. Is it any way you can stall for me? Just hold off until I can call me an Uber. I'm going to be a bit late for 10 minutes."
"I'll do the best I can. You know the new owner will be here tonight, Kenny or Keon. Something like that. Wrong day to be late girly."

I scoffed at this bitch. Who the fuck was she to tell me anything right now? I took a deep breath before I went off, not wanting to cause anymore drama.