28

"Even if I'm not seen in your memories, I am yours, Because I can't breathe without you..."

~Dejavu- NU'EST W

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The silence broke, over the line, Yoongi could hear crying, soft crying, almost as if before that it had seemed inaudible to him, but now he could hear very clearly the sobs Kyung-mi was letting out, the small choking noises, the broken, emotional state she was in.

"I-I love you too, Min Yoongi...!" She chokes out, crying, "Please, just tell us where you are...! I don't care what you did or why you did it, I'm just worried about you, you big dumbass!"

Yoongi gripped the phone tightly, not prepared to hear that, but he nods, though she can't see it, and gets up, putting Jae-hwa's acetone back, keeping the card, but jogging down the stairs in a hurry, "Okay, okay, I'm going to get out of here, and....and I'll tell you where I am, okay?"

"O-Okay...." She doesn't ask where he is, but he can tell she wants to.

"When I see you....I'm gonna hug you, Kyung-mi, I'm going to hug you and I'm going to squeeze you so goddamn tight in that embrace." He says, going past the kids playing and out the front door, actually locking it so no one else can just come in their house.

He doesn't want them to see where he's coming out from, so he walks down the sidewalk, listening to Kyung-mi sniffle and sob, she doesn't hang up though, she stays on, crying, and he wished he could hug her right now, but time didn't work like that.

"I'm out on the corner of 13th and 40th, okay? There's a bus stop here, I'll wait for you...." He says, sitting down.

Kyung-mi seems to pass this on to Namjoon, who Yoongi can hear say, "I know where that is squirtle...you're not fooling anyone..."

Maybe he wasn't, it was only a few streets away from Kyung-mi's place, and if Namjoon was paying attention, he could figure out how long he'd been walking compared to how far Jae-hwa's foster home was from here, Namjoon was incredibly intelligent, Yoongi would probably never underestimate him.

 ~~~ 

Namjoon pulled up, Jin in the passenger seat, and Kyung-mi jumped out of the car before it even came to a complete stop, running up to Yoongi and throwing herself into his arms. Yoongi caught her, hugged her close, nuzzled his face into her hair, and took in her smell. She really didn't smell like anything all that special, but it was her, so it made it special.

Seokjin came out of the car next, "Hey! I'm supposed to be mad at you!" He said, throwing open the door and pointing at him as he came out of the car, "You hurt Kyung-mi, her brother, and their friend, I ought to fight with you too! Hurt you too!" He looked at Yoongi, wide-eyed and seemingly outraged, coming up to him in a furious manner.

Even Kyung-mi paused to slightly turn to see if Seokjin would hit him, still somewhat having her head on his chest.

Namjoon came out of the car and laughed a little, and Seokjin couldn't keep the smile out of his eyes even as he pointed at Yoongi, "You really messed up this time! You're lucky I'm your friend and I care more that you're alive..." He says then comes over and hugs both him and Kyung-mi, it is uncomfortable, but he appreciates it anyway.

"Squirtle, you really fucked up. I hope you realize it didn't have to turn out like this. Everyone could have hated you and left you." Namjoon came over and just gave Yoongi a firm pat on the shoulder. "Let's go home, huh?" Namjoon pauses, then holds out his hand, "And I'll take the lighter if you don't mind."