11

"I'm not the courageous type, so you gave me little by little everyday..."

~Upgrader- Kim ye Rim (Lim Kim)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fire was inside, had to be, there was little to no smoke outside, and not even any smoke coming out of the windows.

But all the windows were closed, so if anything, the person inside was in danger of dying of smoke inhalation more than anything else.

Yoongi took off his jacket, all the while looking at the house for a way in that didn't involve breaking a window, because for all he knew it could have a security system and breaking a window was more than likely going to get him in a police car and wouldn't help anyone.

He could hear several smoke alarms going off faintly inside, their blaring tones overlapping, so he assumed the smoke was pretty thick and pretty widespread.

"Damn it..." He mumbled, looking over the house as he absently threw his jacket to the side. He didn't want to, but it looked like he'd have to break a window.

He ran around to the front door, pulling on it hard, to find it locked, just like he thought, then ran around to the back door, finding the same thing.

Only thing he noticed was a few whispers of smoke coming out of one of the second floor windows. He guessed that was where the fire was, which was a start.

Closest thing to the window, was a drainage pipe, which, already he didn't like, because if that was the quickest, reasonable way to get up there, that thing was likely to fall and he couldn't say he'd ever tried to climb anything like that before.

Window breaking it is then. He went up to the nearest window on ground level and gave it a pull upwards, just to possibly save himself shards of glass embedded in his skin.

The window went right up, and he wasn't ready for it and almost fell inside, but even though the window was unlocked, he was right about there being security, a separate alarm went off.

"Goddamn it..." He mumbled, but climbed into the house anyway, since there was no turning back at this point anyway.

Inside, wasn't really all that smoke filled, the fire seeming to be on the second floor, the smoke would mostly rise. So, though there was a faint layer of smoke, most of it was probably upstairs.

And as soon as he saw the stairs, he climbed up them, not looking at anything else, and only stopping for a second to pull the collar of his t-shirt up and over his mouth and nose.

Upstairs was a hallway, with 5 doors, three on the right side, two on the left side. The two on the left were wide open, revealing a master bedroom and a bathroom. The one's on the right, the first closed, the second closed, and the third one at the very back of the hallway wide open.

He ran to the one on the end, just to check. There wasn't anyone in it, and the room was incredibly plain, but what little was in it was a mess, clothes thrown everywhere, drawers pulled open and out of the dresser, bedsheets yanked off the bed--like they were looking for something. But Yoongi had never seen anyone look for things like that unless it was on TV, and typically, they didn't really know where to look if it was like this.

But No one had broken in except him, so he didn't get it. His only explanation was what the bitch who wouldn't call help said. 'Psychiatrist's house, projects.' Did that mean the people who lived here were insane?

Why me, why can't it be some goody-goody who works with this shit to deal with the crazies?

Yoongi doubled back to the door in the middle, feeling the surface of the door. It felt a little warmer than it should, which, he guessed meant it wasn't that bad yet. And it dawned on him just then, he hadn't heard the screaming anymore, it had stopped.