24

"Whatever you feel, whatever you see, just stay like that, whatever you do..."

~Whatever You Do-Crush Feat. GRAY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoongi looked up at Seokjin like he was crazy, trying to disregard everything he had just said and what had just happened. Yoongi could see it in Seokjin's eyes, and Jin could probably see it in his--fear. Yoongi's were tinted with desperation, Jin's with worry, his eyebrows almost meeting in the middle of his forehead. Neither wanted to actually say anything, a silent communication that any word uttered would just about break Yoongi were the only 'words' spoken between the two.

He knew, he didn't have to be told, but to hear the words was to accept it, and he wasn't going to accept it.

Jin paused, then took out his phone, dialing a number and putting it to his ear, looking up at the ceiling while he waited for someone to pick up. Namjoon walked back to his room, not saying anything, taking on the same vow of silence that the others had.

Kyung-mi took no such vow, looking up worried, still on Yoongi's shoulder, her breath on his neck both chilling and comforting until it quickened and she loudly whispered, "Oppa, who are you calling? What's going on? Everyone is so quiet suddenly..."

Jin looked away a bit troubled, then glanced at Yoongi, "I'm calling someone who can help...To see if..." Seokjin paused, not wanting to say exactly what he was thinking, "Maybe Yoongi is just tired..."

"Bullshit!!" Yoongi yelled suddenly, breaking the silence, his word like a knife through a balloon full to bursting, "You know.....You know damn well you don't just wake up and see things that aren't there!"

"Yoongi is crazy...?" Kyung-mi asked softly, probably not the best way to put it at that moment. But she asked what everyone else refused to ask, putting the actual words into the air that became forbidden as soon as the thought crossed anyone's mind. She might as well have summoned a demon, her words were that effective in the room.

"No, he's not, he probably had a Night Terror, honest to god, kids get it all the time, they see things, they start screaming, freaking out, it's not a big deal..." Jin said still waiting on the phone for the other person to pick up.

Yoongi looked down, hiding his facial expression with his hair, underneath his mouth was twisted into a harsh line, a forced straight face, his teeth digging into the inside of his cheeks and lips, his eyes stinging with tears. He couldn't let them spill down his cheeks, couldn't let a single whimper or wail escape his lips. He didn't know why it hurt so much. He'd thought how many times, 'I must be crazy', it had crossed his mind so many times before, but as a reality, a possibility, it felt like nothing but a sinking feeling, like dying in slow motion, like being shot with ice and left to die.

If I'm crazy, then what has been real? What is my imagination? What was reality? What is reality? Did my mother hurt me or didn't she? Is she really just trying to help? Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat?!

Yoongi grabbed his head, curling up a bit. His mind was frantic, running faster with ideas than it should at this point, and he turned and hugged Kyung-mi, wanting to feel grounded, wanting a better way to hide his tears which were now slowly running down his face in hot little droplets down his cold face. Kyung-mi was confused, but embraced him anyway, probably feeling every tear that dripped off his chin to land on her shoulder, leaving little wet marks on the T-shirt she was wearing.

Jin was talking, saying something to the person on the other side of the line, but Yoongi wasn't listening, instead, gripping tightly onto Kyung-mi, in his head, the room didn't exist except for her. And it wasn't in the cliché romantic way as if all he could see was her visage, but rather, the room didn't exist without her there. She grounded him, kept him from going to his head and seeing himself sitting in a black nothingness with only himself.