Just a dream [SPOILER]

This will be a one-shot that kinda goes with what's currently happening in the manga. The way this was one-shot was written IS NOT part of what actually happens in chapter 120 of Attack on Titan.

Enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When Rose opened her eyes. It was as if she was dragged from the war she was currently fighting in. The scenery was nothing like back in Paradis.

Instead she was met with the starry sky and soft sand underneath her.

"Hello, Rosie." A familiar voice said from behind her. She turned to look at the love of her life, Eren, who seemed to be walking towards her.

Flashbacks of what had happened back in the island flowed through her head as she touched it in pain.

"Eren...."

There's something different about Eren, something more. His brunette hair is loose, a silky curtain falling to his shoulders. The piercing silver of his eyes more intense than ever before, brighter somehow.

When he looked at Rose, Rose had the sense that Eren can see right into her mind and heart and beyond. There's nowhere to hide, and Rose is tired. She doesn't want to hide or fight anymore.

More than anything she wants peace to her people and most importantly for her child.

"Welcome to the paths," Eren says, waving a hand around them, a wry note in his voice. "I thought I might be able to bring you here since you're an Ackerman, and it looks like I was right."

Rose doesn't ask; she just observes the scenery

She can tell it's not what Eren wants to tell her. Instead, she touches the side of Eren's face.

A sharp intake of breath and Eren's looking at her again, and there's gratitude and hope and maybe a little fear in his eyes.

"Why did you bring me here, Eren?"

Eren's hand reaches up to cover Rosie's hand as he leans into the touch.

"I just wanted to see you one last time."

At those words Rose widens her eyes.

Did he actually....?

Rose didn't want to know or believe that what she saw back in Paradis was real.

But then Eren says, "It's not what you think."

"Meaning?" Even though Rose just realised that her hand is still resting on Eren's cheek, she makes no move to pull away.

She let this strange yet beautiful realm be the one place where she can forget what he has done and let her touch this strange, beautiful man she so missed and loves.

"Ymir can help me rebuild anything here, and I intend to set things right."

Rose's furrows her brows as she put her head down . "And how exactly do you plan to do that?"

"I'm going to go back and rebuild it all. You and I might never even exist after it's all said and done. And if we do, these memories will be gone."

Rose exhales the breath she was holding in. There's a lingering fear inside of her, but somehow she let herself think this was better than the other scenarios she imagined.

Despite all the secrets, despite all the pain, she had gone through with him. Rose knew there was good inside of Eren. She only wished Eren didn't hide so much from her.