Chapter 6: I'm Really Starting To Hate Vampires!

"Alec. Didn't know you were here." Silas noticed a man talking to Alec and walked towards them.

"Yeah, no, I, uh..." Alec stuttered. While Alec was embarrassed by his reply, Silas thought it was cute.

"Don't tell me. I don't wanna have to report you." The man waved off his reply. Silas narrowed his eyes at how close he was with Alec.

"You better not or I will personally make you wish that Valentine would have killed you when he had the chance." Silas threatened him. The older Shadowhunter took a step back after Silas flashed his flamy eyes making Silas smirk at his fear.

"It's just that, you know, Clary is... That girl is Valentine's..." The man, who Silas still doesn't know the name of, groans in pain when his rune starts burning.

"The monster's daughter. There must be some reason why the roaches are coming out of the woodwork again, right?" Alec replied.

"I'll leave you to it." He signs. Silas gives him a dangerous look.

"I'll leave you two to it." He corrects himself. He began walking away but stopped when Alec began talking.

"Hodge? Thank you." Hodge? What kind of a fucking name is Hodge? Silas thought.

"You remind me of me, Alec." Silas snorts. Alec was much hotter and sexyer than him and probably more skilled.

"A loyal friend standing in the shadow of the chosen one." Alec and Silas scoffs at this.

"Alec may not be the chosen one but he is still more than a shadow. And also, Alec is way sexyer than Jace." Silas says with a smirk while Alec try's to fight the blush that was on his cheeks.

"Hey... Don't make the same mistakes I did. Look where it got me."

"That's your mistake. I'll be by Alec's side to make sure he won't end up like you."
______________________________________

Alec and Silas meets up with the rest and they began making a plan. Alec and Isabelle were to distract the vampires while the other three would rescue Simon. Silas didn't like the plan since he didn't want anything to happen to the Lightwood siblings. He had grown quite fond of them, especially the eldest Lightwood.

Clary had wanted Silas to be with her since she didn't want anything happening to the people closest to her. Silas had agreed with the plan with reluctance because of her reason.

Silas, Clary and Jace walked side by side. Jace and Clary made small talk until Silas smelled the burnt flesh and Clary's scream. Silas's markings materialized into a knife with red flamy symbols and Silas holds it against Jace's throat. Silas presses the knife deeper making it bleed.

"Silas! Stop! He was only putting a rune on me." Clary interfered. Silas signs and makes the knife materialize into a long staff with two blades on the edges with red runes on it.

"I'm guessing you didn't do that just because I put a rune on Clary." Jace says. Silas despised the blonde but held back his deep hatred for him for Clary.

"You're right. I just don't like you." Silas says bluntly. He didn't like the way he treated the Lightwood siblings.

Clary and Jace signs but keep walking. At one point, they all stop when they see a bunch of vampires running towards the other direction. They all knew they were after the Lightwood siblings.

"I can't be here anymore, so I'm gonna go check and see if their ok." Silas said and went in the direction the vampires went.

"Sila- Clary stated but the demon was already gone. Clary signed and turned to Jace.