Chapter 2: This is going to be a long night!

Silas made sure Clary got home safe before going outside to kill the circle members lurking around the block. While he was killing off the ones outside, Jocelyn told her daughter what she can in a small amount of time. Before sending Clary to Luke with the portal, Silas came in. He was stumbling in. He didn't have any energy left. He needed to feed soon.

Clary saw him and remembered the markings on her arm. The pain that was caused by it flashed through her mind but she ignored it.

"Mom!" She said and then pushed her sleeve up showing her the black swirls with flames around it. Her mother gasped at the markings, realizing what this meant. Tears came into her eyes. She really was grateful for Silas. She never thought that the demon that tried killing her and her daughter would willing protect them. Hell, she never thought he had a heart.

"The deal continues." Silas said leaning against the wall, appearing suddenly. Both girls snapped their heads towards him, both looking concerned. Silas knew he was going to collapse soon.

"W-what?" Jocelyn looked at him. She had to make sure that he wasn't joking or was only planning a trick for his sadistic ways. She didn't believe that he had completely changed.

"I care about her," he said. She nodded in understanding and gave him a smile. Clary was pure and she had given him the light he desperately needed. Even if she knew he wasn't different from how he was before, she had to trust him. She needed to or else Clary would be alone and had a chance to die. "I'd do anything for her."

Jocelyn clasped her hand around Clary's wrist and gasped when she felt the tattoo slither down up her arm to her wrist. Unlike Clary, Jocelyn took the pain and only gritted her teeth. This was for her protection and she would gladly take the pain if it meant surviving.

"Listen to me, Clary. Trust Silas, okay? He'll protect you." Jocelyn then went to help Silas to the portal. He looked at her knowing what she was about to do. He cursed when she pushed him. Silas landed on his back. He was about to try and get up but Clary fell on him.

"Ow, Clary. Get the fuck off, you fatass." Silas grumbled. His body was already feeling heavy and with Clary on top of him didn't help. Ignoring his insult, Clary got off and helped him up. She didn't get to look at his weak state because one of the officers walked over.

"Clary?" The woman asked. Silas panted as if he ran at the speed of the Flash. He held himself against the wall, ignoring his urge to drink up all of her energy. It was growing on his mind, his entire being fighting against his impulses.

"Captain Vargas?" Clary said. Silas was leaning against the wall, waiting for the officer to leave. He hoped this conversation would be short. He cursed at himself for being so stupid enough to pick up a Shadowhunter weapon while knowing the consequences.

"It's 2:00 in the morning. What are you doing here so late?" She asked not noticing Silas yet. Her worried eyes never left Clary.

"Uh, um Luke said he'd, uh, drive me home if he was still here." She stammered, not knowing what to say. She knew she had to lie but she couldn't pretend to be her usual self. She had no idea what was happening and she felt as if she's losing her mind.

"Still doesn't trust those cabbies, huh? Well, he's in the middle of an interview. It could take a while." She stated, crossing her arms. She chuckled and Clary forced herself to laugh.

"Cool, I'll wait in the cafeteria," Clary said in a nervous tone she really hoped she would leave but she didn't. Instead, Vargas took a step towards her, her eyes scanning Clary to make sure she wasn't hurt.

The woman, noticing it, asked, "Hey, uh is there some sort of problem? Guy trouble? Or is it Silas?"

Silas shot her a look of disbelief. He may be a demon but he was an angel these days. He really was offended by her words.