Chapter 4: To The City of Hell!

"We don't approve of this mission." Alec says, making Silas look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I never said I didn't approve of this but since you're hot, I'll let it slide for once." Silas flirted, making Alec glare at him.

Clary smothered her laughter with her hand. She forgot how smooth he was.

"I spoke with the Clave. They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear, the little girl does not leave the premises."

"Hey, my name is not 'little girl', okay? I don't care what the Clave or you want, I'm going to find Dot." Silas lifted up his fist and Clary fist bumps him.

"You go, little sis." Alec shoots him a glare though there was a small smile on his face because of his cute childish antics.

"Alec this warlock could have the answers we need." Jace says, looking at Alec in the eye. The tension thickened between the two and Silas was starting to get fed up with them. "With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not save outside alone."

"Jace has a point."

"All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" Alec mutters grabbing Silas's hand. It had been something they were both used to. Silas intertwined their fingers like usual and tugged Alec closer.

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint, and there's this thrift shop that she-" Clary starts but then gasps. Her hand was clasped on her necklace that was glowing.

"What's wrong? What is it?"

"I, um, weirdly, I think I know were Dot is." Clary says looking confused at what she saw. Silas looked at the necklace and reached forward to touch it. When it came into contact, the necklace burned Silas's hand. The demon hissed in pain and jerked his hand away from it. He glared at the piece of jewelry.

"We should go."

"Great. I'll drive. What? Unless you have, like, a Shadowhunter-mobile or something. You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me right?" Simon asked with wide eyes. The Shadowhunters chuckled at him.

"Possibly."

"Wait, am I gonna die?"
______________________________________

"No! Dot. Dot!" Clary screamed with tears in her eyes. She only had Silas and Simon left now. Dot was dead because of her and hell would break loose if she lost Simon or Silas.

"Clary! Clary, stop! Where are you going?"

"Two men, Circle members the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her." Clary said looking at Jace. Jace gave her a look of sympathy.

"Probably both." Silas muttered. He never really cared about the warlock since the time she attacked him after hearing his name. In defense, he didn't do a dame thing to her.

"We have to stop them! She was just trying to help me. Now, she's gone." Clary looks down and sniffles a bit. She ran into the arms of Silas and hugged him tightly. The demon stroked her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Clary, I'm sorry."

"You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister." She explains. A few tears fell on Silas's white shirt.

"It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now." Alec says to them but lingers his gaze towards the demon. Silas was soothing Clary down.

"So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and were just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?"

"There is another option." Jace says, making Clary and Simon look at him in curiosity. Alec and Isabelle understands what he meant and doesn't waste time protesting. The Silent Brothers were definitely not an option.