chapter 1

Hopes chest felt heavy. She felt like she couldn't breath. She was up to her head in cold dark water and the only one who could pull her out of it she couldn't have. It was torturous.

Josie being missing that night at party had been one of the most scariest experiences in her 17 years of living. That was saying a lot considering all the stuff she had been through in her reasonably short years of living.

Hope had thought about shifting to clear all thoughts out of her head, to be able to smell Josie and get to her quicker. But Hope deflected those thoughts immediately. If Hope were to shift and find Josie people would have asked how she had known her scent so well. And this was no one's problem nor business but Hope's.

When they had found Josie her head had been briefly pulled out of the water for her to get about two minutes of oxygen before she was submerged again when Josie had left to take a shower.

Hope didn't know why this was happening to her.... She had never asked for this. Why did she feel this way?

When dancing with Rafael  after the zombie incident his hand around her waist didn't feel right. It felt almost like someone was whispering 'Don't do it.' but she had done it anyway plastering a fake smile on her face before continuing to dance with him.

Something told her to check on Josie. To check in... It was more of an order from the inner depths of her soul. So she performed a spell. A small one to just give her a glimpse of what Josie was doing.

It showed Josie walking out of what Hope assumed to be the bathroom, before unexpectedly meeting up with Penelope Park. Much to Hope's dismay Penelope started to do what she did best....seduce.

Which soon led to them kissing.....Josie looked a little hesitant before continuing and making sure to say that she hated her. Penelope nodded in a sickly sweet fashion and responded with a soothing " I know." Before resuming her kiss with Josie.

Hope knew that Penelope was bad for Josie, heck she was probably the worst, but Josie seemed to like her and that's all Hope wanted for the brunette girl.  For her to be happy. And if that meant that Josie was with Penelope Park (the dark lord herself) then that's how it had to be.

That was when Hope had decided to stop the spell and tried to focus on literally anything else. Hope had felt a painful ache in her chest so she'd decided to tell Rafael that she was tired and it was getting late. Only one of those were true and it was the latter.

Hope had gone to her room to change into something more comfy before setting off to her nightly run. Hope had taken her time walking down the corridors when she suddenly felt really sad. It wasn't weird because she was never sad, it was weird because she was sad right then.

Something inside her said to follow her instincts, so she did and soon found herself in front of Josie and Lizzie's cry's. Hope had heard a bit of the conversation before full on sobbing had occurred.

Hope felt herself feeling sorry for the Saltzman's, even Lizzie believe it or not. Josie's normally sweet smelling scent was mixed with salty tears.

Hope had felt herself reaching towards the door knob but stopped herself, this was a family moment...so she should give them their time.

Hope walked outside and made her way towards the woods making sure no one saw her before shifting. She needed to be extra careful because it seemed that the werewolf part of her had taking a liking to Josie, especially when she had shifted.

Hope had barely been in her wolf form for thirty seconds before her wolf tried to steer her in Josie's direction. Hope fought it until her wolf gave up with a sad whimper.

Hope ran deep into the forest with only one important thought in mind ' she had to get this under control.'