Chapter 3: The Investigation Part 1

Axel slapped his fingers on the table quite impatiently waiting for Professor Port's lesson to end, as he once again tells him one of his stories and, surprisingly, has lost interest. Axel turned to look at his teammates only to find them asleep.

Axel: Rebecca! Will you stop falling asleep? Professor Port is going to give you a detention.

Axel yelled softly as he shook Rebecca who was sitting next to her, trying to wake her up. She raises her head from his arms, her eyes still half closed by drowsiness.

Rebecca: Ugh ... I can not help it, Axel. It's just ... I mean, come on. We have not had a decent rest last night. Look at Airis! Even Tadeo!

Axel looked at his other companions only to sigh with disappointment.

Axel: What am I going to do with you?

He glanced quickly at his watch to find that one minute was missing for the lesson. Lifting the head of his watch, he saw that Jaune slips to where Weiss is sitting.

Axel: This should be interesting ...

Axel really can not see the reason why Jaune would fall in love with Weiss, but to be honest with him, he would not feel so bad if she finally said yes to one of his collection lines.

Jaune: So, Weiss, you know, I was thinking after this, maybe we could go eat something?

He turns to the teacher for a second, before he turns around again.

Jaune: And, uh, I have two tickets for that new Spruce Willis movie, if you want to make the trip to Vale. I heard it's amazing.

He stops momentarily as his words have no effect.

Jaune: Aaay maybe after that, could we study together? I mean, you're smart and I ... you know.

Axel knew how much attention Weiss was going to give him, and yet he thought it was a good try. He tried to propose an appointment and offered an activity on his intellect. At that moment the bell rang that always means the end of a class, interrupting Professor Port in his story / lesson. When the rest of Team ATAR heard the bell ring, they literally shot themselves from their seats.

Port: And then I ... Oh. I guess that moment was wrong. Well, the surprising conclusion of this story will have to wait. Until next time!

Jaune: Weiss? Uh ... Did you hear me?

Weiss: (Not even looking at Jaune as he walks away.) No, no, no, yes.

Axel (In head): Now that was just cold!

Upon hearing this, Jaune growls and places a plant on his desk. While Team ATAR and the rest of Team RWBY leave the class behind him, Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking. While Axel patted him with sympathy on the shoulder.

Yang: One day.

With that, everyone left the class with Ruby and the rest of the team and they headed to their bedroom to get ready. When everyone arrived in the RWBY Team dormitory, they prepared for research on the recent activities of the White Fang. The girls had been busy getting ready, since they had put on some clothes less admirable than their normal battle clothes that they usually wore. And that included Team ATAR.

Axel as usual he wore his red raincoat and underneath it he wore a long-sleeved black shirt which he had rolled up to his elbows, a black glove with part of his fingers open, and black pants.

Tadeo was wearing a blue short-sleeved shirt which had been unbuttoned and underneath it was wearing a black shirt, also wearing black pants and blue sneakers.