21: Closer Pt. II

"  'Cause I, I feel like I'm ready for love

And I wanna be your everything and more

And I know every day you say it

But I just want you to be sure

That I'm yours "

Torsdag, 14:22

That night, Eva had trouble sleeping.

Thousands thoughts went through her head, causing her insomnia. She kept reliving the occurrences from just few hours before.

Sometimes, her hand would travel up to her lips, tracing the outline of it, just because his touch was still very much alive right there.

If anybody told her that she'd feel this way about Christoffer Schistad, she would probably curse them out. But there she was, finally letting herself and those foreign feelings go.

He was complicated. But so was she, and whatever that was between them.

So she kept tossing and turning the whole night. And when she finally fell asleep around four in the morning, it felt like she barely closed her eyes and her alarm was already going off, telling her it was six and it was time to get up for school.

And now, there she was, free at last, walking out of the school. Those few hours of studying felt like eternity to her, especially that she still hadn't heard from him.

Eva kept looking at her phone during lunch and the girls even made a comment about that.

She didn't respond, just went back to chewing on her cold pizza slice as her friends were chatting about the upcoming party.

People were pouring out of the school, into the yard, as if it was a contest on who would leave first.

But Eva wasn't in a rush, she knew that leaving would mean going home, and that would mean having a talk with her mother, that she was already preparing for.

Cold breeze finally hit her face, and her eyes began roaming the yard in search for her friends.

The girls were standing nearby, Sana huddling herself more with a huge jacket she was wearing.

Even though it was really cold, Vilde was wearing a skirt with some tights. She probably wanted to show off her legs, when the rest of the girls were fully clothed in jeans and warm clothes.

She approached them, and she heard bits of their conversation, which was still centered around Friday's party. It almost made her roll her eyes.

"Somebody said they bought fireworks. That's so revolutionary! Nobody has ever had fireworks at their party. It's going to be epic!" Vilde said cheerfully. Her attention then was at Eva, who had just entered their circle. "Are you coming?"

"Coming where?" She asked, trying to act like she didn't know what Vilde was talking about. Truth to be told, Chris told her all about this party when they were driving back to hers. But the girls didn't know that, and it'd be better if it stayed this way.

"I told you she wasn't listening." She snickered at Berg, who was licking her spoon slowly, "What's with you today? I mean, I'm not asking about yesterday, because you probably don't wanna talk about it?"

This time, Eva involuntarily rolled her eyes, "And what happened yesterday?"

Sana asked, furrowing her brows.