5: The Night We Met Pt. I

* * * WARNING, CONTENT MIGHT BE TRIGGERING TO SOME PEOPLE * * *

 I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you

take me back to the night we met

I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you

oh take me back to the night we met

Cafeteria, Fredag 10:17

The food in front of her did not look promising at all. She took the fork, digging through a salad hoping there would be more cucumber instead of wet pile of tomatoes. And Eva hated tomatoes. Instead, strangely enough, she loved ketchup. She could eat it with almost everything. People used to make fun of her, not in a bad way, because of that. 

Her mind went back to last week, when Chris called her. The redhead helped him once again, he even fell asleep on her bed. She wanted to make him a sandwich in the morning, without the hated vegetable of course, but before she was able to fully open her eyes, she noticed he was long gone. 

Eva checked her phone to see if he maybe left a message, she even walked around her house just to make sure he really wasn't there. 

And he wasn't. 

He left without saying anything. It wasn't like she was angry at him for that, he was probably trying to play it off, act like nothing happened. 

But it did. She still had his beaten face in front of her eyes, his bruised chest, and painful sounds of breathing in her memory. That was officially the worst state she had ever seen him in, and boy, he did come to school after fights quite often, always making a huge thing out of it. 

People knew about his every move, every fist he had thrown at somebody, was on tongues of others. Sometimes she thought that being in a center of attention like that must have been tiring. And then, when she walked in the halls, she was reminded that she knew this feeling very well. 

Thankfully, it all started to die down, and by now, it already stopped. Finally everybody was done with the whispers and staring at her like she was some kind of a rare animal. 

And there she was, sitting by their table, looking at the tray and the food on it, thinking about none other than Christoffer Schistad. 

Before her mind had a chance of diving into more thoughts about him, someone sat right next to her, and began speaking. She looked up to see one of her best friends, blonde and quirky Vilde, who was holding a bitten apple in her hand. Looking at her face, Eva could tell that her friend came bearing some fresh gossips and news, because none ever missed her ears. 

Vilde took a big breath, and words began falling out of her mouth right away. 

"The Penetrators are having a party! I'm so excited, oh my god. I already got my Cinderella Costume. Magnus will die when he sees me." 

Sana raised her hand to interrupt their friend. "Costume? What kind of party is that?" 

"Are you living under a rock?! It's Halloween, you dummy." The blonde answered with a very excited tone in her voice. The Muslim girl rolled her eyes, and went back to writing something on her notepad. She saw that Eva wasn't that interested either, so her attention shifted towards Chris, who was bombarded with million questions, starting with if she was going to what she'd be wearing.