7: The Night We Met Pt. III

"Something must've gone wrong in my brain

Got your chemicals all in my veins

Feeling all the highs, feeling all the pain"

Burger King, Fredag 23:51

As she was sitting in a almost full fast-food restaurant, Eva kept recalling the events from just few hours ago. Her mind could not comprehend that something like that actually happened to her.

She had been in few fights before, but they were mostly with girls, over some stupid stuff. Like that one time that Iben attacked her in a school yard.

Redhead turned her head in the direction of the checkout.

Ironically, the cause of that fight that happened exactly a year ago, was standing in a queue, ordering them burgers.

Eva looked around the interior of Burger King. There were tons of people, bunched up by the small, some dirty, tables, stuffing their drunken faces with food. That made her even hungrier, as she felt, and heard, her stomach growling loudly.

She gazed at him again, hoping that the line moved a little bit, but there were still some people ahead of him.

He stood there, carefully studying the menu hanging over the cash register, as if he was still deciding on what to get. Chris was wearing all black, per usual. Only his jacket was missing as it was resting on her shoulders.

Schistad gave it to her when he noticed she was trembling. Of course, amidst all the commotion at the party, her stuff were still at Erik's house. Along with her phone, unfortunately.

She frankly couldn't do anything without it. Nor had she any money to call a taxi to take her home. Eva pleaded with him to give her a ride, but he was very persistent on celebrating their "anniversary".

Eventually, she just gave in as she felt her hunger growing. Besides, who in their right mind would deny a free burger? Well, not her.

Finally, after another ten minutes of waiting, he came back, sliding a small packet in her direction.

She thanked him, and they both began enjoying their food. Thankfully, he didn't talk much. This time. He usually had a lot to say, but he probably noticed that she was in no mood for that.

* * *

He practically swallowed that burger.

Eva snorted with laughter, as she watched him finish his food within few seconds from opening it. That was definitely a boy thing.

She noticed that they had a tendency to inhale their food, instead of eating it. And there she was, almost full after few bites of her burger. She thought she was more hungry, but obviously that was not the case, when her food looked like it hadn't been touched.

"Do you want to finish mine? I'm done."

Chris looked at her, and then at the burger.

"Yeah, no. I think you should eat that or else you'll have no strength to deny me anymore." He smiled widely at her, knocking his index finger on the table.