2: Fuqboi Pt. II

I've been looking at you with a little something

That you've been ignoring

You've been looking at me with it

I don't know what exactly but it's boring

Play it cool, but I see through it  

Taxi, Lørdag 0:48

The weather wasn't in favor of them. It wasn't actually normal that it was this cold in the middle of October. Yes, they lived in Norway, which was kind of known for it's coldness, but that night was hard to withstand. 

She was not prepared for it, wearing barely anything underneath her favorite grey coat, which wasn't exactly too thick either. 

As they were driving the taxi, she saw Chris roam his eyes all over her body, probably also wondering about the layer of clothing she's wearing. Typical of him. Every other girl would probably blush and giggle, but Eva wasn't one of them. 

Rolling her eyes, she turned her head away from him, and watched the scenery scrolling behind the window. 

Oslo was so beautiful. Especially at night. She wouldn't want to live elsewhere. She loved those million lights shining every night, the life pulsing from the streets. 

Too bad her mother didn't see that too. She did all in her power not to stay in that city, without having to move. 

After her father left, Mrs. Mohn couldn't stand anything that reminded her of him. She actually didn't blame her, but the fact was... she also was that kind of a thing. 

Her ginger hair, her upturned nose, rosy lips- in every possible way, she looked like him. The man her mother hated. Did it mean she also hated her? 

Wasn't that right? She was gone most of the time. Even her daughter's sickness wouldn't make her come back home. 

Eva still remembered the day she had to call her, then, best friend Ingrid to bring her some medicine, because she wasn't able to get out of the bed. Flu hit her suddenly, but it wasn't enough for her mother to come and take care of her. 

She was in Hawaii, supposedly for business. But let's be real, who wouldn't treat it as a vacation? She never got to travel with her. 

Some people would say it was fucked up. And in a way, it was. There were also a lot of advantages. Eva was basically living alone in a house with full fridge and bills paid. She had more freedom than most people her age.

Maybe that's why when she met Noora, they instantly clicked. The girl was also on her own, struggling to live somehow in a new place. 

They had a mutual understanding. A bond that none of the other girls could change. 

And now with even her gone, Eva began feeling more lonely than ever. 

Yes, she had the rest of her friends, but not the best one. 

It was interesting how a person can be lonely even in a crowd of people.