14: Gone Wrong Pt. I

She says come closer and don't lock the doors. 

She doesn't care who sees anymore.

It's better when it feels wrong  "

Lørdag, 2:49

Her back immediately straightened as she heard his words. At first she thought her ears were playing games with her, and she misheard or something, but the serious look on his face just made her realize that what he said was not just in her head. „Wait, what?"

Chris saw that she was baffled with his response, what caused a small smirk to form on his face.

„You heard me. I think we have something, Eva. An understanding. Especially now that we're both in a need of a friend."

Well, maybe he was speaking for himself, because she had her own little group, that she trusted and loved with her all might.

Her friends took up most of her time, and it was actually weird that Christoffer would suggest that she was in fact lonely, when it was the opposite. Sometimes she wished to have a little bit of alone time, or at least a little peace.

Even ten minutes of silence in the presence of the girls seemed like an impossible thing as a certain blonde couldn't stop babbling about her sex life, news from the school, or anything really, important or of random nature.

Eva cocked her head to the side.

„I do have friends. I have Sana, Vilde, Chris, and Jonas. Did I mention Isaak?" She started counting them on her right hand, and she could have kept going, but he quickly shot her down.

„Well, you definitely did not mention Noora." Her name made her shift uncomfortably in her seat, making the leather couch to crackle. Oh, how much she hated talking about her, especially to him „The reality is, both of our best friends left. And to be ironic enough, they left together. That leaves us alone on the ice, Mohn. Whether you admit it or not, your girl-friends won't understand you like she did."

Redhead rolled her eyes as much as she could.

„Oh, and you will? You have no idea about our friendship. Noora being gone doesn't mean I am left all alone. It doesn't mean you're alone, either. You have a bunch of guys, the Penetrators worship you."

First of all, her situation with Noora was yet to be discovered, nobody knew the behind the scenes of their relationship and she intended to keep it that way for as long as she could.

Was she embarrassed of what happened? Maybe. Did she regret it? Most definitely.

Eva couldn't say that she didn't miss the blonde girl who became her first real friend since Ingrid, but their prides combined caused them not to talk for almost two months.

She often wondered what was going on in London, how her life with William looked there. Was she happy? In away, her short-lived meetings with Chris satisfied her curiosity, when she found out that he kept in touch with his best friend.

Well, at least one of them did.

Chris would sometimes mention London and Noorhelm in their conversations, but it'd be very brief, without any specifics, and she didn't feel like she actually wanted to ask as it would raise even more questions.

And now, they were sitting in his living room with, apparently, Chris complaining about his life.

„Yeah, maybe. Sometimes I'm just not sure what to call them. Friends, acquaintances-"