9: More Than Friends?

"  I know, I know, I know that you can tell

That we're more than friends

And it's not just in our heads "

Fredag, 18:32

She held her glass as Chris poured them another round of vodka they bought at the store earlier. 

Lady at the front desk watched them carefully, as they unloaded the alcohol and few packs of crisps on the counter. Thankfully, she didn't ask any questions as she scanned their buys. 

They tried the same thing few months earlier and it didn't quite work, but now that they had their disguises done by none other than make-up guru, Sana Bakkoush, who worked really hard to make them look much older than they really were, their operation could be seen as successful. 

And so they were sitting in Eskild's room, sipping on the bitter liquid that made her throat burn. The girls were chatting loudly about something that happened at school the other day, whilst she purely focused on her drink. 

Eva considered adding some orange juice to her half-empty glass to make the vodka taste a little better, but Vilde actually drank all of it, before anybody had a chance to use it. 

Then, after a gruesome ten minutes of being gone, Eskild came into the room holding two shirts in his hands that were seemingly identical.

„So, which one should I wear?" He asked her, putting them against himself in turns, so that she could visualize the outfit.

But as far as Eva was concerned, both pieces were honestly the same. Plain, grey shirts, and she stared at her friend not really saying anything.

„I guess... Either one is fine?"

Eskild coughed and moaned loudly in irritation, throwing his hands in the air dramatically.

„Oh, for god's sake, Eva, you are the straightest female friend I've ever had."

„Eskild, these shirts are the same."

„No, they're not. Look-" He said, as he tapped Vilde on the shoulder, asking her the same question.

The blonde girl squinted her eyes at him, looking carefully at both options and then she pointed at the left one.

„It will compliment your eyes!" She answered cheerfully, being very sure of her choice.

Eskild turned back in her direction with a satisfied look on his face.

„See? Everybody's got a little gay in them." He said right before disappearing into the hallway once again, probably to change.

Mohn snorted in disbelief, both at him and the fact that they were so different, yet they became so close.

She actually envied him sometimes, that he could be his honest self, blunt, without caring about anything.

As much as she considered herself to be detached from other people's opinions, they still affected her in some way. But actually since she became friends with Eskild Tryggvason, she learned a thing or two from him.

Sometimes she actually spoke her mind, well, at least she did when it came to Christoffer Schistad.

Redhead wasn't reluctant to tell him off or say what she wanted the most from him, which was to be left alone.