Newt Imagine: She was Supposed to be Dead! (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"And? Maybe he'll come back for us?" Thomas suggested.

"No, why would he do that. He could've easily taken us then," Aris spoke.

Jorge turned, taking his hand to his lip in thought. "Jorge?" Thomas inquired.

"I know where she is. [Y/N]'s in the city," Jorge responded, standing up straight and facing the boys once again.

"The city? We passed the city and it was one hell of a klunkly run down place. There's no way WICKED would take her there," Frypan spoke.

"No, not-not that city. The last one standing," Jorge spoke. "Denver."

• • • • •

[Y/N] gently opened her eyes to a bright blinding light. In fear, she shot up and tried getting off of the uncomfortable metal table beneath her. To her demise, she was chained to this table. Janson stood by it, hands behind his back as he deviously smiled at her.

"Where are the others? What did you do to them?" She shouted, pulling against the chains tying her down.

"Oh relax. I didn't take them. They're probably still hanging upside down back at that rusty old factory," He replied. "Quite the brave move you took, agreeing to go back with me in order to save you friends," He paused. "Especially agreeing to leave Newt."

She pulled on the chains harder, not worried that her bound wrists began to bruise. "What did you do, Janson?!" She shouted, furiously.

"Now, now, [Y/N], surely you remember your previous lover you had back when you participated in the Maze Trials, or did those serums that we gave you actually work? Don't act like you don't know him in the first place," He spoke, circling the table.

"They were bloody serums your wonderful scientists invented! Of course they worked!" She shouted, still struggling against the chains. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion about the first part.

"Wonderful to know. Let's give them another go then, shall we?" He held a needle in his hand that contained a light blue, transparent liquid. [Y/N] screamed in fear, Janson pulling her arm towards him and jabbing the needle into one of her veins. He quickly squeezed all of the serum, and [Y/N] slowly began to sink into darkness.

• • • • •

Jorge had stolen a truck from a man named Marcus. They all had agreed on driving to Denver, which wasn't that far from where they were. It was roughly a day to get there and Jorge had stopped ways after sundown so he could rest.

Everyone else could fall asleep perfectly fine, but every time Newt closed his eyes, all he could see was the girl of his dreams being tortured by a WICKED scientist. After being asleep for what he guessed was thirty minutes, he shot awake, not being able to bare those terrible dreams. He sat in the passenger seat of the car, or what Jorge had referred to as "shotgun". Jorge, being the only one that knows how to drive, sat with his head against the back of the driver's seat. Behind them sat Minho, Thomas, and Frypan, and in the hatchback sat Aris and Brenda.

Newt took several deep breaths, shaking his head. He turned towards the window and stared out at the blank sky and bright moon.

"Can't sleep, hermano?" He heard Jorge's voice quietly speak.

"Uh, yeah, sorry to wake you. I, Uh, have had trouble sleeping," Newt admitted, quietly. He didn't want to wake the others. After all, he knew that a disturbed while sleeping Minho only led to a cranky Minho.