Chapter 40: Jealous

Start from the beginning

"Ace, I can't breathe." I said with difficulty.

He laughed letting me go. "Sorry." He let one arm over my shoulders and we went to his bed. He sat down leaning his back on the headboard and I lay down on my stomach facing the TV, putting my chin on my hands.

"Why are you so far?" He asked placing his hand on the back of my thigh.

I turned around and saw he was pouting. I let out a giggle and pouted too. "I'm more comfortable like this."

He sighed and came beside me, crossing his arms and resting his head on them, staring at me. I glanced at him and bit my lips amused.

"Are you planning on turning on the TV?" I asked fighting a smile.

"Oh right, we were watching a movie." He scoffed. He sat up and grabbed the remote control from his bedside table and lay down again beside me. He turn on the TV and put on a movie.

I drove my hand to the back of his head, running my hand through his hair. We weren't even watching the movie, he had his cheek resting on his hands and his eyes closed. He had a massive hangover just a few hours ago, I didn't know how he was still awake. I gasped when I remembered something and he opened one eye to look at me. I climbed on top of him, sitting on the low of his back and pulled his hair up.

"What are you doing?" He asked grabbing my hand.

"Stop, stay still." I leaned my head down and found what I was looking for.

"Oh no." He muttered when the realization hit him.

The tattoo was so small, it was difficult to see. I guessed that was the whole point, he didn't want his parents to find out. It was a thin 'R' with the silhouette of a dog's profile next to it.

"Aw Ace, that's so cute."

"It's silly." He said putting his hand on the back of his neck to cover it.

"It's not. And it means something to you. And that's beautiful." I said leaning down and wrapping my arms around his chest. I kissed his back and rested my head on it.

I guess we were not very good at watching movies. We never payed attention.

"You can't even imagine how comfortable I'm in this position." Ace said after a moment.

"Is that sarcasm? Because I'm not moving." I chuckled.

He let out a little laugh, making me move as his back bounced against my chest. "No, I'm actually serious."

I laughed and drove one of my hands to his hair and began stroking it.

"And now I'm in heaven."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hola, mamá."

"¡Hola, cariño!"

"Uh, are you at work?" I glanced nervously at the rearview for the third time in ten seconds.

"Yes, why?"

"Can you talk for a moment?" I asked biting my lips.

"Sure, yeah, yeah. Let me go outside." I waited for a moment. "Okay, what's wrong?"

"I just came from the therapist." I mumbled quickly.

"That's good, no? You didn't need to see him until two weeks."

"Yeah, I felt like I wanted to talk to him."

"So, how did it go?" She asked softly.

"Really good, actually. He told me he sees me differently, like something clicked on me and I understand now most of the things he's been telling me."