Chap5-Cleaning up someone else's mess

We all get out of the cell and walk down the long halls of the prison. I'm guessing they have a huge kingdom. First we have to talk to the king and find out where we are and maybe that'll give us an idea of where to go for help. "Whats your king like?" Jack said."He's our king." The lizard man said. "Well I know what he is, but what is he like..?" "A king." The guard said sturdily.

"I doubt you'll get anything out of him." Scott whispers to Jack. "Wait." the guard said as he goes to unlock the large steel door. He opens the door and rays of light hit our faces, making me blink. "Enter now." he said signaling us to come. We slowly proceed in and I see thousands of lizard man and women in chairs left and right.

The king stares at us from the middle of the room. He wears a robe but no crown. Instead of the staffs the other lizards carry he has a long thin sword, a katana I assume. "Bring them here." The king said and the guard obeys. He makes us kneel on the ground "Show respect to the king.." the guard said before taking a seat with the other lizards.

"Why have you come here?" the king asks intrigued "We fell here." I look at the king "Well that's all?" "Yes, but we made it here somehow when we found your men.." "Hm. Do you recall this happening, Nick?" the king gestures Nick forward. I watch Nick nervously walk up to the king.

"Yes my king, I saw one of them and they said they were going to fetch their things." Nick points towards me. "Yes, I did. I also was going to inform my friends until I saw a lizard man with them. So thinking he was gonna attack them, I acted." I said nervously.

"I see." the king close's his eyes. "You didn't mean to harm my kind, no?" he said "No I didn't." I bow my head to him. "Yeah I apologize for his stupid act of violence," Joselyn glares at me. I'm so dead after this. "I accept, but in return you will do a errand for us." The king said standing.

"What kind of errand?" I ask. "You will slay some wolves that my men have failed to accomplish for quite some time. After you come back. Or if you come back at all, you will be fully forgiven and since I know you are not from here. I will tell you all about our land and this world." The king said grinning. "Wait this isn't earth?" Scott said immediately. "This is not the place you speak of." The king said sitting back down.

I feel my chest tighten, I knew we weren't home and that were not near it. But being told that cut off the little hope I had left that home could be a couple of miles away. We aren't even on earth. I look and I see everyone else's face, the sudden realization on their face. "No need to get emotional. I will explain everything in due time. At the moment you will get prepared to leave." The king said.

"Do we get anything?" I ask. "I will give you wooden swords and the rest you will figure out on your-" "Your majesty wait!" Nick said kneeling to him. "Please give them proper equipment or let me go with them at least." he said eagerly. "Why should I do that? Why should we should give them our armor like they are one of us?" the king stands up and glares at Nick. "I'm saying throwing them out into a place they do not know is inhumane! We are better than this and we don't want to led them to their deaths."

A moment of silence follows. "Fine. Take them to the armory and get them properly suited. You have three days to bring back evidence you have killed them." The king said sitting back down "Thank you, your majesty." Nick bows and signals us to follow him. We follow Nick to the armory.

Which is full of different type of weapons. Shields,swords,axes and even more weapons fill the room, as well as armor. Scott immediately grabs a helmet. "Look guys! We can be knights!" Scott said trying to fit the helmet on his head properly.

I sit down and watch everyone checking everything out. "You didn't have to do that Nick. But I'm grateful." I said. "No problem. I couldn't sit there and let him do that. It's the least I could do." Nick said taking a sigh of relief. "You guys do know we gotta change quick. Right?" Joselyn said while checking out the shields.

"No need to rush. Three days is surely enough time." Nick reassures. "Three days." I mumble to myself. Seems like we're doing someone else's job. But enough complaining, time to check some weapons out.