Zi Rui did not bring up the matter of whether or not he would stay in the palace, but he became spirited upon mention of the academy. He wanted to chat with the Emperor, but he also felt that he was truly the Emperor. He did not know if it would be proper to chat in this manner. The child thought a bit and probed by asking the Emperor: “Your Majesty, say, now that we have already slept in the same bed, shouldn’t we more or less be considered… friends?”

The Emperor was stunned and immediately said: “You’re just a small child, yet you are speaking about being friends with Us?”

Zi Rui lowered his head, “If we aren’t friends, it would be impossible to chat.”

The Emperor heard this and immediately changed his tune: “Alright, we are friends then. Speak, what is it?”

Zi Rui smiled and looked up once more, saying: “Friend Emperor, I won’t be attending school in the future.” After saying this, he saw that the Emperor’s expression became a little ugly, his eyes becoming wide, thus he added: “My elder sister and brother-in-law have already agreed!”

Who knew that the Emperor would not be as upset as Feng Yu Heng upon hearing that he would not attend school. It was mostly a look of surprise that appeared in his eyes. He then expressed his curiosity: “What will you do if you don’t attend school?”

Zi Rui said: “Go to the battlefield! I want to learn the art of war, and I will lead troops onto the battlefield.” He said this while looking at his own hand, “Didn’t I only lose one finger. Elder sister said that once we have taken over Qian Zhou, I will go and cut off everyone from the Feng family’s fingers.”

“Ah!” The Emperor slapped his leg and repeatedly sighed to Zhang Yuan: “Did you see it? They truly are siblings.” Saying this, he comforted Zi Rui: “Dear child, you’ve suffered.”

Zhang Yuan added: “Don’t just say it, provide some material benefit.”

In regards to this, the Emperor thought about it quite seriously for a bit, but he still helplessly shook his head. His expression was a little bitter: “I really don’t know what to provide you with. Over the years, I’ve rewarded people with this and that, but it was mostly just money or power. But We have never thought that the people who have received money lived particularly well, and the people that received power ended up doing evil, which ended up shortening their lives.” He patted Zi Rui’s head and sighed: “We have gotten old. In truth, I really just want to bring you around this large palace and play around. Bring you to see the wine that was secretly buried underground ten years ago and provide you with the most delicious foods. As for the other things… Sooner or later, the world will belong to you young people. Following your sister and brother-in-law, you will not suffer any losses.”

The words that he said were quite touching. Why was it that it sounded a bit like a will to Zhang Yuan? He furrowed his brow and advised: “Can you not say something a little more cheerful? What old or not, just look at imperial physician Yao. He is much older than you, yet he does not make any mention of getting old. What are you talking about getting old at every moment for?”

The Emperor rolled his eyes at him, and Zi Rui was quite surprised by how well the two got along. He could not help but ask: “The friend Emperor, why do you have this sort of servant at your side?”

The Emperor snorted, “I have nothing better to do.” He held it in a little longer then said: “In truth, I am bored.”

However, who knew that these words would be heard by Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming, who had just arrived. Xuan Tian Ming’s expression sank, as he quickly brought his wife in and said: “Can you not teach the child something more proper.”