Chapter 6

Naruto stretched when they finally touched down in Japan and he managed to get through immigration. He was about to check for any phone calls that his resume has gotten through to the interview stage when he felt his phone vibrating in his hand. A number that he doesn't recognise... Naruto quickly hit the accept button. "Hello?"
"Is this Uzumaki Naruto?" After a confirmation, the person continued, "you have successfully gotten through to the interview stage with Uchiha Corporation. Your interview will be at 9 am tomorrow. Have a good day." The person on the other side of the line left no room for question before hanging up. Naruto stared at his phone in shock, did he just hear what he think he did? 'Uchiha Corporation... Uchiha?! I got an interview... I GOT AN INTERVIEW!'
Naruto almost started jumping around in delight when it finally registered what had happened. The blond grinned to himself like an idiot as he made his way to the bus stop to catch the bus home to prepare for his interview.

Naruto tugged at his suit nervously, hoping that his suit wasn't too sloppy. It wasn't exactly tailored for him, he didn't have enough money for that but he had tried to get one that was close to his size. Although it didn't fit as well as it did when he first bought it, Naruto had found that he was losing a lot of weight for some reason. The blond even took the time to style his hair so that it wasn't that unruly mess like it was in Venice. "Uzumaki-San, Uchiha-sama is ready to see you." Naruto gulped, a part of it hoped it was going to be Itachi, another part hoped it wasn't as he didn't know if Itachi would allow them to become friends if he was going to become their employee. He didn't know what the Uchiha Corporations had hired him for yet, they said that they have something better in mind for him to do instead of the data analyst job that he had applied for. Naruto bowed at the person who opened the door for him, making them smile at him for being so polite. They were so used to the stoic Uchiha demeanours that it was rare for any one to thank them for what they do.
Naruto almost fell back out the door when he saw Itachi sitting with one leg over the other at the couch with his fingers folded together in his lap. Naruto recovered quickly from his anxiousness and bowed to Itachi. "Have a seat." Itachi said, gesturing to the chair in front of his. He watched has the blond did as told. "You can relax, you know. You basically already passed the interviews, we are just doing this for formalities." Itachi explained, Naruto's expression changed from happiness to confusion quickly.
"But I haven't even said anything yet, Itachi-sama?" Itachi quirked an eyebrow at the way he was addressed.
"Itachi is fine, Naruto-Kun."
"Then. Naruto is fine as well. Besides, that's how others addressed you on my way up here." Itachi nodded as if thinking about something.
"Well, that's other people, you are my friend now are you not?" Itachi asked, Naruto paused before he nodded with a grin on his face, happy that Itachi was willing to stay friends. "And you are now my personal secretary."
"How are you so sure I am the one, Itachi?" Naruto teased when he remembered that Itachi said he already passed.
"When we were having coffee, you knew how to read and communicate with 25 languages and counting, I have never met anyone who knew so many languages. I saw the way you spoke to people, you are a natural people person. As you know, I travel to many countries and my secretary is always with me." Naruto nodded, understanding what Itachi was getting at.
Itachi stared at the blond in front of him, he has never explained why he would hire someone because they never really stood out to him; but Naruto was special, not only was he personally interviewed by Itachi himself, he also got an explanation!

"Can you start now?" Itachi asked, making Naruto blink a few times before he gave Itachi a grin and nodded enthusiastically. "Right. Your desk is over there, everything you need is there and the laptop is yours. The tech team will sort of things like your phone plan and all, ensuring you have constant connection and data."
Itachi leaned back in his seat, he never spoke so much to another person that wasn't his close friends but the blond brought that out of him. 'How very interesting.'