Chapter 10

Soon everyone in the office began warming up to the cheery and bright blond who was always smiling and speaking to everyone so happily that they couldn't help but feel the same. "Naru-channnn." A female voice called out, Naruto froze in the tearoom. He looked around in panic, they were always asking him for details about Itachi and it was starting to get on his nerves. He has only been here for less than two weeks but everyone seems to have noticed how the tall mysterious Uchiha would only hold conversations with Naruto, but with the others, the responses are always short and maybe even just a one syllable sound.
Naruto opened the cabinet under the sink and tucked himself inside, waiting for the footsteps to come and go.

Itachi seemed amused when he watched from afar Naruto's panicked look as the blond looked around to find a hiding spot when his name was called out. He watched the woman head into the tearoom, looking around confused as she was so sure that the blond had been there just seconds ago. She left, upset that she had lost her opportunity to question Naruto once again.

The Uchiha made his way to the tearoom, making sure that there was no one around before opening the door of the cabinet. Naruto 'eep'ed before realising that it was just Itachi.
"Thank kami. I thought I was gonna get murdered." Naruto muttered, making Itachi chuckle as he held out a hand to pull Naruto out. Itach tugged a little too hard, not realising that Naruto wasn't squished in and required little to no effort to slip in and out of the small gap, making the blond stumble and fall against him. Naruto's face turned bright red when he landed against Itachi. The man's almost red eyes looked down at him, making him feel heat rush up to his cheeks and the tip of his ears. Naruto pulled away quickly, "I'm so sorry!" Naruto exclaimed, putting distance between them.
"What are you apologising about?" Itachi mused, enjoying the blush that is coating Naruto's cheeks.
"I... you are not mad?" Naruto asked and Itachi shook his head, a small smirk on his lips. Naruto sighed in relief and went back to making his coffee. "You do know that there is coffee in your office right?" Itachi asked, leaning himself against the counter next to Naruto. He looked at the way the blond was moving - quick and precise. Itachi's eyes flickered to the door as Naruto took a deep breath and let out a loud sigh.
"Well, that coffee is expensive." Itachi looked at him with an expression that was like 'so?' Naruto sighed again, he hated explaining himself. "The coffee in office right now is St. Helena and it's like $79 USD per pound! Starbucks sells an 8-ounce bag which is like, 1 cup, for $80 USD."
"And you don't like how it tastes?" Itachi asked, still not seeing the problem with the coffee. Naruto facepalmed, Itachi might be extremely smart but sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

Itachi followed Naruto back to their offices, still waiting for a further explanation. "I am just a nobody, besides, the coffee is yours. I shouldn't be drinking it." Naruto said softly, knowing that Itachi could head him loud and clear. The man almost flinched when he heard Naruto called himself a nobody. He strolled purposely to Naruto, wrapping his fingers gently around Naruto's chin to make him look up. "You are not a nobody, you are Uzumaki Naruto. You are kind, gentle, efficient and a beautiful person with a pure soul. Do not belittle yourself like that." Itachi muttered, his hand repositioned itself to cup the side of Naruto's neck so that he could stroke the faint scars on Naruto's cheek. Naruto blushed once again at the contact, trying to pummel his growing feelings for Itachi down, thinking that Itachi wouldn't feel the same way.
"Why are you blushing, Naruto?" Itachi whispered huskily, enjoying the sight as the blush spread from his cheeks across his nose and his ears. He had fun teasing Naruto, watching the blond get flustered and his cheeks would turn red or puff up depending on the topic of the teasing. "Uh." Naruto didn't know what to say. He likes the feeling of Itachi's hand on his face but he didn't know why the Uchiha was doing this to him. Itachi smirked a little, letting the blond know that he did not need an answer and was just teasing, before leaning back and removing his hand from Naruto's neck. The blond almost whined at the sudden lack of contact but he refrained himself.

"I would hope we get to know each other better, Naruto. You are a very interesting person and I have found myself to be enjoying your company immensely." Itachi said before entering his office. He watched from his desk through the shutters to see Naruto fanning himself with his hand as if that would help dissipate the heat from his face. Itachi was beginning to fall for Naruto and he can no longer deny it.