Chapter 25

Naruto stared at his laptop distractedly, that question keeps plaguing his mind. 'Why did Itachi choose to be with me? Would it have been better if I had killed myself a few years ago instead?' Naruto shook his head, pinching himself for having such dark thoughts. If he had done that, he wouldn't have been able to see Venice. He wouldn't have been able to meet Itachi... he wouldn't have had the opportunity to travel to different 5 different countries in the span of 3 months with Itachi. But now, Itachi was stuck with a useless orphan like him. Naruto sighed, why was he being like this?
'I'm so tired.' Naruto felt his energy draining from him with every passing second, he knew it was probably time to go home from the many days he had spent at the office and not having much to eat or drink was going to run him to the ground. But he really didn't want to go home, fearing that his landlord is going to try to harass him again. Itachi had already gone for the night to dinner and Naruto felt like he would be intruding so he turned down Itachi's offer to join them.

Itachi frowned when he entered the office later that evening to see Naruto still working at his desk. It was almost 11 pm, he came to check to make sure that Naruto didn't stay too late. He watched from afar as the blond rubbed his eyes. 'I should drive him home.' Itachi thought to himself as he made his way to his office where he could see the blond get up and he wobbled a little and leaned against the table for support, making Itachi's features creased with worry and quickened his speed towards his destination.

The room spun and Naruto blinked rapidly to in an attempt to dispel it. The blond stood with shaky legs, the dizziness getting the better of him as he wobbled on his feet. Naruto leaned against the desk to get himself together then dragged himself to where the water was. Naruto made it there just as Itachi opened the door. The blond jumped in fright, he hadn't expected anyone to be in the office. "Hello precious." Itachi greeted softly. The slight fear and stress melted away from Naruto's face, replaced with a look of happiness — a grin spreading across his face. The blond pushed off the wall and ran towards Itachi. The tall male opened his arms and the blond barrelled into him, Naruto buried his face into Itachi's chest and embraced him tightly.

"Have you had dinner?" Itachi asked, preparing himself for the heartache he knows would come. He felt the blond stiffen in his arms and silence followed. Itachi took a deep breath and buried his face into Naruto's blond locks. "Why are you not taking care of yourself? You are the most important person in my life and now I don't know what I would do without you." Itachi said, running his hand through the blond's hair. Naruto stared at Itachi's tie, a sense of happiness filling him when he realised that it was the tie he had bought for the man.
"I don't know... Probably because I was so used to not eating that I forget?" Naruto tried answering but that made Itachi even more upset. He didn't like the idea that the blond had starved for so long that he got used to it. "I should've left earlier and bought you food." Itachi said, moving away to make Naruto a cup of coffee.
"What? No no, it's okay." Naruto protested, shaking his head.

"It is not okay, Naruto." Itachi said firmly as he searched the cupboard for any food, "I don't think you realise it but you are getting skinnier and skinnier, malnourished." Itachi said with a grimace as he pulled out a packet of biscuits. Naruto was sitting at the couch at Itachi's command as he watched his boyfriend move around with such grace and beauty. "Thank you." Naruto muttered softly as Itachi placed the coffee and biscuits on the coffee table then sat down next to the blond. He was halfway through his first biscuit when he heard his phone go off at his desk.
"Don't even think about it." Itachi warned, sending him a stern look. Naruto sat back down with a pout, feeling like a child that just got reprimanded by their parents. "I'll do it." Itachi muttered, standing up to retrieve the phone. Itachi looked at the files on the desk, "Why are you doing this?" Itachi asked, holding up the folder when he recognised it as one that his other employees were doing.
"I had nothing to do." Naruto whined, making Itachi give him a look.

"Then go home and rest?" Naruto looked down at his cup, unsure how to answer Itachi. Naruto sniffled and shook his head, looking up at Itachi.
"I don't wanna go back to that apartment." Naruto said, looking back down at the coffee as if it was the most interesting thing. Itachi noted the way Naruto referred to his living quarters, tucking it into the back of his mind for later. The man scooped up the phone and looked through the messages as he walked back to Naruto. "Why not?" Naruto sighed softly.

"I don't like it." Naruto said simply and offered no further explanation so Itachi decided not to pursue the topic for now.
"Let's go." Itachi said, after making sure that Naruto ate enough. They had sat silently in the office as Naruto munched on the biscuits, enjoying each other's company.
"Where to?" Naruto asked, cleaning up and putting away all the important documents. He packed up his belongings and shut down the computer, Itachi waiting patiently for him. "My place." Itachi replied, noticing that Naruto's bag was already packed with clothing and daily necessities but said nothing about it. He had pushed that topic enough today and Naruto seemed like he was about to collapse. Naruto froze, shocked. "You don't like your place but I hope you will be satisfied with mine." Itachi said with a smirk, making Naruto splutter with random noises. Itachi laughed and went over to the blond, pulling him along. 'I may not have always been aware of your suffering and self-deprecating ways but I will try my very best to make you happy.'