The Loss of A Great One

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, hearing that Acasia was going to be gone all day kind of got me happy." I gasped and hit him on the arm. He held my hand and said, "I'm kidding! But it's great that she's getting extra treatment."

"Yeah," I said, accidentally letting the sadness slip away. I hated to admit it, but I was actually jealous of Acasia. She gets extra treatment, a better chance of living, and I had little to none. I had already accepted death, but there was still a little part of me that still wished that I could live another ten to twenty years by my friends and family. And Natsu. Natsu rubbed my shoulder and said, "You're going to get the help, Lucy! Gajeel and Levy's train leave tomorrow and they're coming back on Friday. That's one whole week to get the guy to come. Have a little faith."

I nodded and looked up at my boyfriend, smiling sadly. I gently touched his cheek and suddenly felt stubbles of hair on his chin. "When was the last time you shaved?"

"A while...Sorry, I've been too caught up on you and your health."

"You still have to take care of yourself. I don't want you getting sick too," I whispered. Natsu smiled and leaned in closer to me. "Yes ma'am," he whispered back before gently pressing my lips against mine. I kissed him back sweetly. "I'm going to use the bathroom, be right back."

"Come back soon," I whispered. He smiled and kissed my temple before walking out to the bathroom. While he was out, I suddenly heard a vibrating noise coming the covers. I searched and found Natsu's cellphone, vibrating because of a text from an unknown number. 

Did you get her family record?

Family record? I thought to myself. I then remembered something I learned in a book about revealing unknown numbers. I unlocked his cellphone and began to go through the software of the calls. I pressed several buttons, typed in several codes that I memorized, and pressed enter about a billion times. Suddenly, there was a ping.

Bingo.

At that moment, Natsu came out of the bathroom, zipping his zipper. When he saw me on his phone, he looked confused. "Did I leave my phone there?"

"Yeah, you did. You got a text from an unknown number, so I decrypted it and got the actual number." Natsu's eyes widened and he quickly walked up to the phone and looked at it. His eyes suddenly flickered and darkened. I began to feel concerned and asked, "Natsu...? Are you alright?"

"Lucy...I'm going to leave for a while," he growled

"Natsu, what's wrong?" I asked more seriously. "You're scaring me." Natsu looked back at me and sighed. He sat down at the edge of my bed and placed his head on my hat. "I swear I'll explain everything when I get back. I'll tell you the whole story in explicit detail, but right now, you have to trust me. Do you trust me?"

"Of course I trust you," I said.

"Good. I'll be back sooner than you expect, alright?" I nodded. Obviously Natsu had something that he had to deal with. In my heart, I trusted that he would tell me when he was ready. Natsu smiled and kissed my forehead.  "Make sure you've eaten before you come back, alright? I don't want you starving."

"Yes, Sir," I smiled.

He smiled back. "I love you."

"I love you too," I answered back. He then got up, walked up to my door, took a quick glance at me, and left my room. I took some medication, like always, I slowly began to drift into a mediated and drugged sleep.

When I woke up, it was only three in the afternoon. I looked around my room to see neither Acasia or Natsu not in my room. I sighed with a hint of loneliness. "Guess it's just going to be a Me Day, huh?" I asked myself. I looked to my right and saw a juice box and eggs and bacon in a box. I opened them up and turned on the TV, watching some Sherlock re-runs. As I began to watch TV, I heard a sudden rushed sound coming from the hallway. There were people screaming and yelling, and the sound of yelling. Is someone flat-lining? I looked back through the window and heard the doctors yelling. "We have a thirteen year-old female with excessive internal bleeding in both the throat and the heart! We need an OR now!"