Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures

**********************************************************************************************

eh, its been awhile ay? I'm back !!! I will try to update every week for the most part >.< blah blah, It's short sadly but nevertheless enjoy chapter 40? 

*******************************************************************************************

Levy P.O.V

We had just left the doctors office in Aubos, the sultry sun was beating down on us like a phoenix. I wiped the sweat from my brow, I was melting. "Okay so here's the plan. We'll come back on Thursday, speak to him and beg him to come with us," I said slowly looking up at him with half opened eyes. Ugh I need my sun glasses.

"And if he doesn't? " Gajeel interjected while fussing with his hair. I tugged his Black flannel button down shirt redirecting his attention to me and looked down at the ground.

"He has too, alright?" I said, " He will, I have faith".

"Every since I was young, I learned not to put all of my hopes and dreams on a single person. It just doesn't sit well with me y'know?" He said patting my head gently.

I sighed, " Well we don't really have a choice," I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly trying to give myself courage. "Everyone's depending on us and I don't know about the Redfox's, but we Mcgardens don't disappoint. We will do it for Lucy," I teased.

He smirked and said, "Those are fighting words, Levy". Suddenly I was pinned against the wall, he leaned in real close, my face flushed in an instant.

"Uhh Gajeel," I leaned in slowly into him and pressed my body into him.. "W-Well, are you afraid to lose?" He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder, "Until Thursday, let's enjoy Aubos!!"

"Gajeel, put me down!!!" I whined. He seemed to ignore me and made off into the distance. After two taxis, 30 minutes passed and we were in the biggest amusement park I'd ever seen. My eyes widened at the sight of the rides and games, the smell of park food made feel overwhelmingly excited. Gajeel stood behind me with his arm draped in front of me, "Where to first?"

Subconsciously, my legs began to move on their own, leading us towards a game booth. I pulled Gajeel along with me just to hear him complain about rigged games. As we stood at the booth another couple was starting up their game.

"Aw honey I wait that, please win it for me?" The girl begged, clinging to her boyfriend's arm. "Anything for you," He said handing the man running the booth cash. The guy was a great shot, he landed 4 out of the 6 rings, winning his girlfriend a stuffed panda. Unknowingly, my eyes widened while watching. I really want a big bear...

Before I could protest, Gajeel threw cash at the booth runner and snatch up rings. His annoyed face explain his silence as from earlier. "Gajeel? What are you doing?" I asked softly, my facing flushing from embarrassment.

"What does it look like? I'm winning you a stupid bear," He growled throwing the rings at the bottles. He missed. All of them.

I grabbed his arm trying to pull him away from the booth, "It's fine you don't have to win me anything. Let's just go ride". He ignored me.

"I getting you that dumb bear," He continued to give the booth man cash, playing over and over, and over. We stood there for almost half an hour.

"IF YOU WANT A BEAR SO BAD DO IT WITHOUT ME," I yelled in irritation before stomping away. I've had enough of his ego for the day, I'm going to have fun.

I left him there, not looking back. Throughout the time I spent in the park, he texted me almost every ten minutes asking where I was and apologizing. After 6 rides and jumbo cotton candy roses, I texted him back.

Me: I'm heading to the Dove Boats, meet me there

Gajeel: Ok

I stood in line for the dove boats, waiting for him. I stared at my phone as the line mindlessly moved along. I was surrounded by couples being all lovely-dovey on each other. I miss him...

I felt a warm soft pushy thing press against me. I spun around just to be attacked by a giant stuffed bear. "I'm sorry," His voice roamed from the behind it.

"It's not accepted unless I can see your face," I smiled as he lowered the bear. "I'm sorry Levy, I ruined our day here and," He began before I cut him off.

"You didn't ruin anything, you just made it a me day instead of us day," I attempted to hug him, but hugged mostly bear. He picked me and the bear up just before it was our turn in line. We sat with the bear in between us as our little dove boat drifted into the dark tunnel before us.

As the pretty lights and music amazed me, Gajeel held my hand softly. Even though he apologized and were in this cute ride I wanna be closer. I want to feel his warmth...

I hesitantly climbed over our bear and sat on Gajeel's lap. I faced him so he couldn't avert his to escape me. "U-um, Levy?" He questioned as he grows a soft pink.

I leaned in close, almost close enough to kiss him, "I thought you said we were gonna have fun today". I grinned before I felt his hands grip my upper thighs and wrap around my waist. He pulled him closer, "We are".

Under the romantic lights and serene music, he gripped me tight leaving kiss marks along my collar. I pressed my hips into him and arched my back, we have entered bliss. He trailed down my body, sending muscle relaxing pleasure throughout.

Before the ride was over, I left a small mark on his neck to match the many he left on me. "Back to the hotel?" He asked holding onto the bear. As I held the other side I smiled at him, "You didn't think we were done did you?"

Lucy P.O.V.

Tears ran down my face as the 15 karat ring with a silver band slid onto my finger. "Nastu," I quickly looked over to him and his face was serious. I gently leaned in close and kissed his lips.

"Yes," His supple warm lips kissed back and seemed more and more inviting by the second. He held me tight and pulled away to kiss my forehead. He laid in bed next to me and held me tight. " You have a chance, believe in it. You have to fight it, the Lucy Heartifilia I know is a fighter and she wouldn't throw away her life when she still has a chance," he said.

" I just don't think so, I feel sicker every day-"

"I know baby," 

"I don't want to get my hopes up-"

"I know" 

"I'm in so much pain," I broke down, 

"I know, but you need to live for your friends. Levy, Gajeel, Erza, Gray, Len, Juvia, and me. We need you, They're getting you a doctor. Nothing would be better without you." I sobbed into his chest as he held me, patting my back. I closed my heavy eyelids and slowly drifted off to sleep in the soothing comfort of his arms. This man, the one whose arms I was in was my soon to be husband.