Bonding

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers! It's really rainy outside and I can't concentrate on homework with all this wind and thunder. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Also, I just realized that I accidently made Gajeel more of a Danny Desai kind of guy (From Twisted)...That would make Levy Jo (cuz ya know, Jo and Danny forevs). Anyhoo, here's Chapter 27, ENJOOOOY!

***********************************************************************************************************************

Levy P.O.V

Tomorrow was the first day back from vacation. Within those two weeks, things have changed drastically between me and my friends.  I had temporarily moved in with my boyfriend after having an extreme fight with my . Erza was having a scandolous relationship with her World History teacher. And poor, innocent Lucy developing cancer. Sometimes I wondered if God, or Buddha, or whoever the hell was up there watching over us, loved seeing our emotions get rattled up and laughing at the ways we pulled our hairs out of our heads. It must've been completely bittersweet.

I had just finished taking a nice, long shower. I had just put on Gajeel's stepmom's dorm shirt and wore spandex underneath it. It wasn't the the type of thing I'd usually wear, but his stepmom was freaking five foot eleven! I was barely five foot three, so all her clothes would fall way past my knees. I rubbed a white fluffy towel on my head to dry off the water from my hair. I wrapped the towel around my shoulders and walked out of the steamy bathroom. I walked over to Gajeel's room and announced, "Hey, the shower's..." I stopped speaking when I saw Gajeel sitting on his bed looking at the window. I sighed. He must've had a lot on his mind. He was practically the most hated man at school, and something told me that he wanted our winter break to last just a little bit longer. I walked over to his side and jumped on top of his bed, poking him with my toe to get his attention. When he noticed me, he gave a sad-looking smile. "You finished taking a shower?"

I nodded. "I was going to tell you, but your mind was on something else. Care to share?"

He looked at me and then adjusted himself so that his back was against the wall. His foot was playing around with mine as he began to speak. "I have to see them again...The people who hate me...Those who treat like what I am...a criminal."

"They just don't know the whole story," I told him.

"They wouldn't believe the whole story," he said. He looks at me with cold yet sincere eyes. "I'm also afraid of what will happen to you."

"To me?" I joked. "Obviously you don't know how tough of a girl I am, Gajeel!"

He chuckled softly. "I know you're a tough girl, Pipsqueak. It's just...these people used to be your best friends. You've known them a lot longer than you've known me. I'm afriad that you'll regret choosing me over them."

Then I laughed at his comment. "You're right about one thing: I have known most of these people for a long time, most of them since kindergarden. But it wasn't until you came did I see who they really were inside. They were all wearing masks that I was just too blind to see past...until I met you."  His eyes widened in shock, and his face quickly turned red. He quickly hid behind his hand and muttered, "Who the hell gives you the right to say those kind of things."

I giggled at his embarrased reaction. I continued to graze my foot against his, and then a sudden thought came to mind. "We don't really know that much about each other...We should play the asking game?"

Gajeel laughed. "What are you, four?"

"It's a useful game!" I pouted, folding my arms together and looked the other way. I happened to love that game! It was a very useful way of getting to know others. I could feel Gajeel staring at me. He sighed. "What's your favorite color?"