Scandal!

I woke from a nightmare of Eddy taking my new born baby from me and handing her over to a couple. I was looking at the wall on to my left -Christian was on my right. What freaked me out was the silhouette of some little creature that was looking at me.

I damn near had a heart attack when it touched me! I jumped with a small scream then reached for my lamp. "Adrian!" I fell back onto my pillow while Christian unknowingly took my hand.

"I had a bad dream, too." I nodded then lifted the duvet for him to climb in. "I don't want to hurt the baby," he stated innocently. My heart melted at his adorableness despite the heart attack he gave me.

I groaned as I turned to the freaked out father next to me, "Christian, you handle it." I don't remember what happened after that just that I was laying on my back because I didn't want to hurt the baby. I woke some time later with my head facing Adrian -who was laying with his head against Christian's chest.

Christian was awake but Adrian was out like a light, breathing deeply and gripping onto Christian's shirt. It's been five days since the baby shower and I couldn't help but be on edge ever since. The latest edition of 'Miju Gossip' comes out today but every moment leading up to then has been... Deflating.

I'm horrified at what I might read; it's not just my pregnancy, it's Marco and Selene's relationship. I'm more concerned of the consequences for Marco than for my own child! Maybe it's because I've been educated on how to handle these situations whereas Marco's just the observer.

Christian turned to me with a furrow on his face, "you look exhausted." I let out a heavy exhale then turned to watch how Adrian slept. Despite how he gripped onto Christian, he was peaceful. "Everything's going to be okay; it's just a gossip magazine."

I shook my head, "if the news about Adrian gets out..." I looked back at how he slept, and I thought back on the situation; he has cancer, was once an orphan and now he has to keep his home life a secret. "What have I done, Christian? Adrian shouldn't be taught to lie by omission; he should be taught to be honest, chivalrous and loyal."

There's no exceptions regarding royalty-related adoptions because even if one partner is infertile, there's always donors. But even that has it's limitations, like secrecy. You can only pay the donor so much for a certain period of time for their silence but even that doesn't always work.

Why?

Fame. If you were the biological parent to the next King or Queen of your country, you wouldn't you want everyone to know? Even if you didn't, think about how proud you'd want to feel if your child has such a high position in society yet, you can't claim it as yours because you were sworn to secrecy.

Adrian's adoption has to be kept secret forever because it's illegal for the royal families to adopt. Well, not illegal just socially frowned upon but sometimes it feels like the same thing. I had to tell my own son that his shrink, his teachers even his friends couldn't know anything about this.

Just imagine how he feels, let alone me! He can't ever bring friends home, have study group or through parties behind our backs. Although (God forbid) I'm sure he'd try the latter hoping that he would get away with it. Then a thought occurred to me, Missy said that the source was somebody close to the royal family but she couldn't track it.

I shot upright at the thought with a heavy gasp. "What?"

"You don't think Adrian...? I mean it's possible, we adopted him just before winter break but we told him not to..." I turned back to Adrian's innocent face. "He couldn't have done it on purpose."