Chapter Eighteen

A/N: I don't know if you guys have noticed but in the previous two chapters I kind of expressed my rage and frustration in how badly this story is going when writing it. I wonder who can guess what I said that hinted that X3

I could hear the faint voice of Mike calling me from a distance. Gradually growing louder and more urgent, I started to regain the feeling in my body. Suddenly, I opened my eyes widely that caused the light was able to blind me for a moment I could feel myself gasping for air. It was as if I were underwater the whole time, unable to breathe and such. The warm feeling of hands gently grasping my shoulders felt rather familiar as I was pulled forward.

As my eyes were slowly adjusting to the bright light, I could make out the blurry figure in front of me. Someone stood close to me as their hands were outstretched, supporting me by my shoulders. Squinting, I was able to make out a few more details of the person. Messy brown-black hair, dark brown eyes, finely shaped eyebrows, a slightly crooked nose, full lips, slightly yellow teeth which were straight.

All of these features... All so familiar... Wait...

"Mike?" I managed to let out in a whisper as my throat felt rather dry and painful.

"Yes, Ian, I'm here," he answered in a rush. "Come on, let's get you to your bed."

"No, no, I'm fine. Just help me up that's all" I said as I attempted to push myself up.

A few minutes later after I've fully regained control and feeling in my body, I looked around the place in where I had passed out earlier in. Trying my hardest, I tried to remember what had happened before.

~ Flashback ~

"What's wrong brother?" he sneered with a smirk forming on his lips. "Never seen a man who's a descendant of the Dark Lords?"

"Adrian," I repeated as I reached my hand out to him, "please, this is not you."

"Oh really?" he snapped angrily. "Then what exactly am I, Ian? Another pathetic excuse for a deformed, lonely, misunderstood being?"

"No, please-"

"Enough's enough. I'm done trying to hold it in. Done with hiding my true form. Done with everything!"

As he shouted the few last words, I saw a tiny figure run up behind him and jump onto his back. A bright and shinning blade was raised above Adrian's head and was quickly brought down onto his back. With a terrifying roar that would've been able to turn someone deaf, I felt my own hearing fade for a moment as a terrible pain shot through my body and head. My hold on the wall slipped and sent me tumbling down the stairs till I finally reached the bottom floor.

For a moment, I had just laid there, not doing anything or not try to move as I felt the energy once more seep out through me. Suddenly, I heard something heavy and massive drop beside me.

~ End ~

"Oh no," I exclaimed.

"What's wrong Ian?" Mike asked, resting his hand on my back gently, I suppose in a comforting way.

"Mike, is your brother okay?" 

"Oh Carter? He's fine. Just a little shaken from the whole thing just now," he answered calmly.

"You were there?" I questioned, confused.

"I saw someone leaving the house. At first I thought it was you but the clothes were pretty different from what you wore when you and Adrian passed out," he explained.