Chapter Eight

A/N: I feel like I'm creating a new thing here with this story... I feel proud now...

I saw him shove something in his pocket as he walked towards me. He didn't say anything about it so I decided to dismiss it. On the wall were several windows with doors covering them. Each looking similar to each other but all of them have a different aura to themselves. The one on the left most, on the top was sealed shut. I saw a little white and blue coming out from underneath it and spreading across the wooden frame. I had only assumed that that dealt with the harsh cold and bitterness that a person faces in his everyday life.

Next, the second door, which was below the first one, was a flaming red and fumes seemed to appear out of it's edges. That must represent anger and hate that would envelop a human when faced in a horrid situation. The other doors revealed nothing of their contents so far and had given no clue of what could be hidden behind them. I turned to look at Adrian to see what he thought we should do. His eyes seemed fixated on the top door. I'd rather much go through the second door but the both of us were in this together.

"Adrian?' I called out.
"Yes?" he replied, not taking his eyes off the first door.
"Which door should we go through?"
"How about we go through the first one?" he said as he took a step towards the top door.
"What about the second door?"
"Huh?"
"There are two doors, Adrian."
"Oh, but, why don't we go through them in order?"
"Fine then."

I grabbed one of the chairs and placed it in front of the wall so that we could enter the first door. Adrian went though first and I followed. At first glance, you would think that we would have gotten frostbitten almost immediately and would've frozen to death but nothing happened. I landed on a soft blanket of snow and rolled out of it onto a frozen-over lake. As soon as I got up, I saw Adrian looking off into the distance, staring at the mountains, lost in thought.

"Adrian?" I called out as I held out my hand towards him.

No answer.

I took another step towards him when suddenly he threw his hand out at me causing me to fall back into the snow. He stared at me for what seemed like forever. Bitter hatred showed within his face as he shot silver daggers in my direction.

"No more..." he whispered into the cold air.

"Adrian?" I called out once more, hoping to snap him back into the current reality that we're facing.

It worked. He blinked several times, facial expression softening to form a more worried look. He saw that I was in the snow and rushed over to help me up. I didn't question him about his actions as this other reality will always play with your mind if you're never careful. I guess that this will be one of the hardest rooms to conquer as the both of us have had a pretty rough life, especially Adrian. To be honest, a small part of me inside still cares for him but...

I just can't seem to explain why the hate and anger sprouted when we were still in our adolescent age but I knew that that day, that was the day where everything changed.

The wind blew harder and the sky grew darker as we walked through the thick snow. Soon, it was pitch black. Not a sound to be heard. We didn't speak, not a word. It was almost as if we were sucked into a vacuum. I tried to speak but no sound escaped my body. That was the moment where I realised how cold it had become.

My body was left frostbitten and the blood in my body seemed to have stopped flowing, leaving me for dead but then again, my mind was elsewhere. I didn't feel one with my body, it felt too foreign, too unnatural. So I did what I thought a normal person would do when they felt uncomfortable lying down.

I got up.

There laid my frozen over body in the snow as the snow fell around me, covering me in a light, white blanket. I took a closer look at my body and saw that the snowflakes had fell and fit together to form a beautiful and intricate pattern, each unique yet similar to each other.

ust then, the body turned over and sat up, eyes still closed but I could feel them staring at me. When they had opened, I realised, that wasn't my body, that was Adrian's. Tears begin to flow out of his eyes as he still look right at me. He then curled up, knees up to his chest and mist forming from a combination of his warm breath with the bitter cold.

I slowly walked over to him and he cried even harder. This sparked a feeling I've not felt for a long time.

I felt sorry for him...

Sitting down beside him, I put my arms around him, embracing him from the cold, protecting him from the bad.

"I'm so sorry, Ian... I'm so sorry..." he muttered between his sobs.
"It's okay, Adrian," I whispered into his ear.
"Please come back," he whispered unexpectedly.
"What?"
"I never wanted to lose you..."
"What do you m-"
"Please come back, Ian. I can't lose both you and mom."

I looked at him for a moment and tried to cup his face in my hands but they just slipped through him like a hot knife through butter. I tried again and again but it didn't work. He looked up at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Don't die on me..."

He kept crying as I just stared at him with shocked eyes. I can't be dead, I couldn't be dead. What happened? Where am I? It was only a minute earlier when the both of us were walking through the snow. How could I have died here? It's almost impossible to die in the Phrayli. You can only live through the memories and dreams that were formed when you were alive.

Is this real?

Am I actually...

Dead?

A/N: Writer's block. 'Nuff said. I'll work on this story more than the TC story since I have more inspiration to do so.

Thanks for reading.

~ Sorrows