Chapter Seventeen

A/N: So yeah, new format and shizz... Hope you're okay with it!

Never have I once felt a wave of awkwardness overcome me when someone comes over to hug me, let alone me struggling to hug back. There he was, Mike's younger brother (he had moved to another town with his aunt and uncle) hugging me in the middle of the kitchen. From beside me, I saw Ian walk away to the front door, leaving the both of us alone. I wasn't sure how to react, especially after just waking up from being in something like a coma.

I tried hugging back but he had trapped my arms underneath me and I didn't feel like it was right to break this hug so I remained standing in my already awkward position. After what seemed like five minutes, he let go of me and finally stood on his feet. I noticed that he did grow a little over the period of time he was living in the other town, he's now reached the height of my elbow. As he was smiling at me, also noticed his eyes trail from my feet up to my face. My face... Wait!

I ran upstairs to the room I was in earlier and ran to the dresser mirror and saw my face. My bare face. The thing that made everyone around me laugh at me, taunt me, curse me, and almost not give a damn about me. They act as if their children would start looking like me if they approached me hence me being treated poorly in comparison to others. Where my mask currently is was now past me as the rage flowed through the blood in my body, feeding my mind with all negative thoughts.

My eyes begin glowing once more. Their once lopsided pupils and irises now fading into a bright white making it seem as if I were blinded. A white aura seeped through my eyes and was floating rather lazily around my face.

"No," I heard a faint voice exclaim behind me.

Turning around, I saw that Ian stood at the door, his right hand covering his mouth as his left gripped onto the side of the door for support. It was obvious that he was in a state of shock due to my becoming nature. Looking back into the mirror, I could see dark markings began to form on my skin once more and my clothes ripping apart and reforming once more into a rather pristine and sleek looking suit which was black and red.

Cuffs around my wrists were bound by a black and silver bracelet which was designed to look like a serpent. My coat extended out to the back so that it was floating  behind me rather than being dragged on the ground. I saw in my reflection that I seemed to be wearing a black blindfold over my eyes. I found it odd that I was able to see despite them covering my eyes whole. I decided not to remove it but to leave it be as to not draw much attention to my eyes, then again the blindfold wouldn't help my case either.

At that moment, I wasn't aware of anything else or what was around me. I felt... good.

It was only a matter of time when I finally turned into what I was born to be. I was given a chance at life to fulfill my rather incoherent purpose which was beginning to grow much more clearer and clearer every time I would use my powers. All those thoughts, those dreams, those visions, all finally leading to this one point where I would finally take charge.

 No matter what the cost was.

-----

He was changing right before my own wary eyes and there was nothing I could do to stop him. How did one stupid trip trigger all of these events in such unfortunate timing? All I wanted to do was to discover the fabled Enchanted Realm up in the mountains. Why was this happening to me? To him? Why do the Overlords hate us so much?

It just seemed like things were finally turning for the better of us but now, now it just seems like a precious jem only to be broken and shown to be made of glass. Nothing made sense why he was turning after everything we've been through in the Phrayli dimension and in all honesty, nothing has made any sense ever since the both of our paths had crossed.