Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: I've made up my mind. This book ends at chapter 30. After that I'll be working on other things to be posted as well as rewriting this book and the continuation of this story in the second book. So if this book ends on a cliffhanger, you'll know why.

"The others know about us?" I stammered, unable to process the information that had been given to me by the beast that was still bound on the ground. "How is this even possible?"

"And here I was thinking you were the smart one from the set of twins," grumbled the beast, yelping as it earned a kick from me as I took notice of the statement. "What was that for?!"

"Just answer my question or you'll the last thing you'll be seeing is the colour red," I threatened, not finding it easier to control my irritation as it kept delaying me.

"Your brother had created quite a lot of havoc as a child, news started getting around and once he went missing from that family of yours it surged a panic throughout the magical realm. Your old buddies, including that wretched sorcerer named Seto, had been trying their best to track you and him down to finally end this accursed bloodline and-" it stopped as it yelped once more from the kick it received.

Confused due to me not doing so, I looked up and saw a rather ragged looking Mike kicking at the beast, ferocity evident in his look.

"Don't you ever try touching Collin ever again!" he screamed manically as his bloodshot eyes leaked tears from the pain I supposed.

"Mike, stand back, I have this under control," I calmly spoke, slowly pushing away with some discreet wrist movements.

"No, I will not-" he began to protest but once he looked at my face, he knew that it wasn't best to be fighting with me right now.

"Thank you for the useful bit of information," I spoke bluntly to the beast. "Now, do me a favour and inform Jerome that he is to face me before even laying a finger on Adrian. You understand me?"

"What do I look like to you? A messenger? I w-," kicking it once more, I received a even sharper yelp this time, followed by some rather pitiful whimpers. "Fine, fine, I fucking will okay?"

"Good," I said, unbinding the ropes that held it down. "Also, just in case you decide to do something else..."

Pausing for a moment, I created a silver chain from the plain strings that hung off my tattered clothing and hung it around the beast's neck, where it was unable to remove it.

"This should keep you in check so that I don't have to personally come over to you and slaughter you myself."

With a stamp of a foot, the beast was off, running away as if it were a puppy scared of a hoot of the owl at night, and with that the sun finally shone from behind the clouds.

"I-Ian? Is that really you?" I heard Collin stammer from behind me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him back.

Poor kid. He looks as if someone had murdered another human in front of him.

"Why did you threaten to kill that poor doggy?" he asked, pointing at the scattered dirt that was just beside me.

"Dog?" Me and Mike asked simultaneously, sharing the same incredulous look as wee looked at each other and back at Colin.

"Colin, are you okay?"