Chapter Two

A/N: Thank you so much for your response on my first ever chapter! I'm so glad you guys are liking this story... Oh, and for Derp SSundee, since I can't use the name Ian, I'll use the name Adrian okay? *SMOSH REFERENCE FTW*

"Adrian! Adrian! Come back in here right now!" a voice shouted from inside the bakery. A young man wearing a mask looked up from the game of chess he was watching and looked over to the bakery. I wore a short sleeve shirt with a white and grey checkered pattern with a pair of brown shorts making me seem like an overgrown child. As I made his way to the bakery, a group of kids who were playing with marbles stopped their game and just stood staring at me walk. I turned my face away, avoiding the unwanted gazes of the townspeople. I had to face this everyday ever since I was born. I entered the bakery as quickly as I could and went to see my friend.

I saw his friend, Michael, standing in front of the counter with a huge grin on his face. "Happy Birthday buddy!" he shouts as he runs up and hugs me, his best friend. Behind the mask, a smile formed on my lips as a few tears rolled down my face. I finally turned 20 today. An age which many, even myself, have predicted me to not reach. As a kid, I have been made fun of my looks. My crossed eyes did not help me gain friends. In fact, almost everyone in my village was either making fun of me or treating me as if I were a foreign creature that had entered their village. My doctor, a person who liked me very much, had told my mother that I may not live to see the age of 12 due to a certain condition I was facing. But as a child, I did not know of these things and just went on with my life as if nothing was wrong. I had a brother who was practically my best friend as a child. When the children of the village were making fun of me, my brother would protect me and tell them off. Many of the children respected my brother as he was the smartest and most athletic boy in the entire village. Everyone loved him, but only a few had loved me.

He was obviously the favourite of my mother's but she claimed to have loved us both equally. When we finally hit our teenage years, he started growing more and more distant from me. At some point he just avoided me. He began treating me like those bullies in our school did. I fell into an unbelievably deep depression and had almost took my life. I was on the edge of the cliff of the hill just outside our village. and was just about to take one step off of it but before I could throw myself off, I heard someone run from behind me and pulled me back and we both fell onto each other. "Are you crazy? What the hell were you thinking?" he shouted. I turned and looked at him, tears stained my face and my hands were dripping blood. He saw my condition and immediately was shocked. He got up and ran to his bag and pulled out a bunch of bandages, a towel and a bottle of water. He helped me clean up my wounds and was walking me back to my village. We were talking, I told him about myself and about my life. He was the first ever person I've ever talked to in a proper manner. He didn't seem disturbed about how I looked, in fact, he seemed to like me a lot. He told me about himself and from that day forth, we had become best friends. Me and Michael. We were like peas and carrots.

Michael had baked me my favourite cake, vanilla marble cake. "Thanks so much, Mike!" I said while hugging him. We let go and walked over to the counter, He had lit a few candles and I blew them out. I made a wish but did not tell him what it was. We cut two slices of cake, one for the each of us and sat down at the table to eat it. Just then, somebody had entered the bakery. "Hey Mike! Hey Adrian! How 'bout you guys fix me up some of those hot, steaming cinnamon buns ay? I'm starving," the voice said. It was John, the bartender at the pub in this town of ours. "Wait... Is that cake I see?" he stopped suddenly in his tracks. I smiled, knowing how much he loved cake. He got up and cut him a big slice and handed it to him while Mike went to get the cinnamon buns. "Hey, happy birthday buddy," he said and gave me a hug. "Thanks a lot, John," I replied. It's been 8 years since I've tried to end my life and it's all thanks to these two.

"Hey guys, want to hear something wicked?" he said as we sat down on at the table to eat our cakes. "Sure!" we reply. He tells us about what had happened last night in the pub. It was about some stranger who managed to shut a group of drunk townsmen up and send them home. He described it to have been pretty epic and said that we should have been there to have understood what he was talking. "Dude, what was his name?" Mike asked, wide eyed. "I think he said something like SSundee Brightblade. Yeah, that was it," he replied. SSundee... Wait, SSundee? "Dude, his name was SSundee?" I asked, standing up suddenly. "Umm.. Yeah, I guess. What's wrong?" John said. I ran out of the bakery and to the pub. My brother is here. I'm finally going to meet him after all these years. I enter the pub and run behind the bar to find the register. I scroll through and find his name there. "Room 14, room 14..." I repeat as I race up the stairs. I see rooms, 12... 13... 14!! I stop to catch my breath. Will I finally meet my brother? After all this time... I stand up straight and fix myself a bit. My hand curled up into a fist and was about to knock on the door. But then... What if he doesn't want to see me? What am I going to say? What is HE going to say? I put my hand down by my side and was just about to walk away when I hear the door open behind me.

A/N: SECOND CHAPTER COMPLETE!! WOO!!! I know the paragraphs are so freaking long but I can't help it. I had no idea how to split the info. I hope you guys liked it. It's basically the back story for Derp SSundee. Oh and there are two references in this story. One from a movie and one from my art. Let's see if you can guess it! Thanks for reading 

~ Sorrows