Chapter 16

"I believe in love at first sight. Because I've been loving my mother since the day I opened my eyes." - Anonymous

Air Kingdom
White Castle
The West Tower

Artemis' POV

The magic encompassed the West Tower like a bright light so intense making the brick walls tremble and crack. I'm surprised it's still standing, given the amount of power pulsing within and throbbing all over the realm. One moment all I feel is energy, then calmness. It's like time stopped and everything stood in its place frozen. I slowly stood up, making my way to the one figure that wasn't there before.

Goddess.

The goddess Hekate stood in front of me like an ivory statue perfectly carved. The light coming from her covered the surrounding, blurring the frozen figures around me.

"Goddess," I knelt on one knee, bowing my head in respect.

"My Elixr," she smiled, her features giving me a sense of comfort and warmth. "It's time you accept the fate you are destined to have. My Elixr must take what is rightfully hers, for she had been deprived of it long enough."

I bowed my head further, "If that is what you wish."

"Ah, it isn't for me, my Elixr. You suffered for centuries, it's time you put yourself first. You are very strong and brave, that is why I am here to give you something you would surely love."

As I looked up I saw in her hands the soul of my brother, glowing softly in peace. My eyes watered and I felt a thorn removed from my heart. He's free.

"Ahba has a good heart but he suffered like you did. That is why this time, I am giving you the power to bring him back to the world of the living - whether a dragon or a man - at the time you see fit. He will live with his own soul and your father's magic in his veins. By accepting his soul, you'll be receiving the other half of yours that will make you complete."

My tears fell out of happiness, as I received his soul in my hands. She smiled one last time at me before dissolving into a white light. Time unfroze and I slammed his soul in my chest, I could feel power running through my veins and coursing through me like a wild fire. My soul mended and I can feel myself changing. The world rotated around me, making me glimpse Colson and Heaven summoning air to take them to safety as they watched my transformation. Another surge of power erupted from me, destroying the West Tower into dust and debris. When everything stopped I just found myself ground level, the humongous tower now destroyed while I'm in the middle and all the guards stood awestruck and fearful at the same time around me.

Shit.

I noticed my hair now is as white as snow and I can feel a crown over my head. My dress became an elegant one with a matching woman's armor over it. A staff with a dragon emblem was now in my grip, and its eyes made of diamond winked at me.

Ahba.

I saw Heaven among the debris, his stance proud and strong. As I stared into his eyes I see love and a little fire burning behind his orbs. The bond was now thousand times stronger, and his desire travelled through our bond, the stone growling like a possessive madman. I chuckled inwardly, You and I, Heaven. You and I.

I turned the staff into a necklace, muttering a quick 'later' to Ahba before rebuilding the tower again. In just five minutes the tower stood tall again, like it had not suffered during my transformation.

Heaven opened his arms for me right away, the sparks with double the intensity almost made me moan right then and there. I anchored my fingers in his white hair as we kissed ardently in front of every body. He growled in authority, his eyes turning to the signature Aguila eyes making the soldiers run off in an instant.

I chuckled, wrapping my legs around his torso. "You didn't have to send them away. We can move to our own room, you know." Besides, I don't plan on letting this day pass without completing the bond with him.

"Damn, how right you are." He said huskily, wrapping his arms tightly around me as I teleported us to our room instantly. He laid me on the bed gently, lips leaving soft kisses along my shoulders and neck. "Tell me to stop if you're still not ready, love. I don't want to take you for granted." His voice was laced with pain and suppressed emotions.

I removed his upper garments as a response, my hands caressing his bare torso and back. "Make me yours, Heaven. Make me your Queen."

That was the last straw.

***

I woke up feeling butterfly kisses on my nape. The sparks made me feel alive and our bond hummed in content, making me push further into his embrace.

'Good morning, love." His soft voice echoed in my mind. I can feel how elated he is right now. He inhaled my scent deeply, calming his overly active stone from ravishing me again.

"I love you, Heaven." I murmured, kissing him softly. His arms around me tightened, and the air stone wrapped my aura with more shield.

"I love you more, love." He smiled. He seemed more relaxed, contented, and not a single bit deadly as they say. His eyes full of light and love, more alive than it used to be. I can feel his happiness through our bond, reflecting mine. This is the most relaxed I have felt in my entire existence. For the first time, having someone constant in my life and being complete. I relished in the feeling, loving his presence beside me more and more. I don't if it's the bond talking, but I liked it.

"I'm hungry," I said out of the blue.

Almost instantly Heaven jumped as if I burned him, opening the door wide and growling at the guards for some food.

"My Queen is hungry, I want foods up here in a minute."

I chuckled, "Forget it, I'll go down myself." Seriously, a minute won't be enough to prepare food.

He just stared at me mischieviously, "Baby, do you honestly think you're leaving our room anytime soon?"

My eyes widened when I saw the guards giving me a thumbs up as if they know it's normal and okay with it. My eyes drifted back to Heaven when I felt another wave of desire through our bond.

Uh-oh.