Then, without warning…

“OH. MY. GOD!!! You kissed! What, how did this happen? I told you! I told you that you could have anyone! I was sooo right! You owe me big time!” She giggled, laughed, squealed and screamed all in one sentence.

“Ok ok ok, yes you did say that, and yes you are right.”

“Then what happened?”

“Huh?”

“That date was like a week ago. You must have moved on further from that.” She was certainly right.

“Well, today actually, he asked me to be his girlfriend-,” My ear was met by another loud girly squeal as Maria went off on one again.

“WOW! I can’t believe this actually happened. I need to see you two. Wait, I need to see them all. Oh I wish I could come down.” With that said, I felt a churning in my stomach. It felt as if someone had thrown a rock at it and now my throat was getting tight. But I had to tell her.

“Maria?”

“Yes! Did something else happen. Ooh more surprises-,”

“Wait, listen. I, I’m going back home this Friday.”

“What do you mean?” I could hear the confusion in her voice and knew this wouldn’t be easy on either of us.

“I’m going back to England.”

I had tears forming in my eyes at the thought that there was no way that I would be able to see Maria before I left. I’d be gone for another six months, maybe even longer, and I just had to see her.

“But-, when will I see you?” She was so quiet now, compared to the outbursts from earlier.

“I don’t know. I’m so sorry. I wish I’d let you know but ugh. I’m sorry.” I repeated my apology and didn’t feel as if I could speak anymore.

“Maria, I promise to ring you before I leave, and just for you, I will try and get the boys to speak to you too.”

“Aw Olivia,” She was smiling in her words but her voice was trembling. “Please ring me then. I will miss you so much.”

“I will too. God I better go before the waterworks get out of control.”

“Of course, I can’t talk either when I’m like this.”

“I will ring you soon Maria. Love you, ciao.”

“Yes, ring me! I’ll be waiting. Ciao Livvy.” She snuffled once and the phone went dead.

The tears had spilled out and over onto my cheeks as I squeezed myself into a tight ball on the sofa. I was going to miss her so much, if only I could see her face before I left, just for one day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Olivia, did you sleep alright? Your eyes look pretty red.” Louis said to me as we sat opposite each other for breakfast.

“Um, no. I was just a bit restless,” was all I could say. I didn’t want to explain how I’d cried for most of the night because I was going to miss my best friend when I moved back to London.

“Olive? What’s wrong?” Liam had just walked in with Harry. He looked at me with concern across his face before walking straight over to me and hugging me from behind as I stayed sat on the chair.

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” I mumbled as he pulled out the chair beside me.

“Well something kept you up didn’t it?” He was sat facing me and had his hands on mine.