Evangeline

"You've got a lovely home Mrs Malfoy," Rachel, my newest client, told me as I ushered her through to my office down the long corridor.

"Thank you very much, and please Rachel, call me Eva." I held open the door and she hurried through before taking a seat on the luxurious suite by the window. "Would you like a drink or anything?" I asked as I rifled through the papers on my desk for her book.

"Would it be possible to grab a glass of water?" she asked in reply. I called for our house elf and asked him to bring a jug of iced water and some glasses for us, then continued searching my desk.

Finding it hidden beneath a table plan, I settled myself on the couch opposite hers and set the book before her. She looked expectably up at me with large hazel eyes.

"This will be your book, Rachel. I do this for each of my wedding couples, so you and I know exactly what's happening, and as a reminder when the whole thing is done with. It's just a special touch I find particularly fitting," I explained the thick hardback book in my hands.

On the front I had already engraved Rachel and her fiancée, Andrew's names, and begun a brief introduction inside. I handed it over to her, and she took it to have a flick through.

I still have mine, from when Draco and I got married. It's sitting on the shelf in our bedroom, along with the others - our honeymoon, my pregnancy with Cissette, Cissette growing up, family parties and holidays, special times together; I think there's one up there that has photos from when Draco and I were dating back when we'd just left school. I was always the one at parties with the camera out-- I wanted to remember every single moment of our lives together.

There are a lot of pictures up around the house, and my office walls are covered in frames with my beautiful girl and gorgeous husband smiling down at me. That way when Cissette is at school and Draco's at work, or even when they're home but I'm busy working, they are always with me.

"So what is exactly going to go in here?" Rachel asked when she'd finished flipping through the mostly blank pages.

"Basically, we'll use this as a way to record everything you want for this wedding - your dream location, dress, flowers-- everything. Then any ideas you particularly want to include, themes or anything like that." I stopped as another house elf apparated into the room and put a tray carrying a jug of water and some glasses down on the table between us. She poured us both drinks and then bowed slightly before disappearing again. I took a sip and then continued on. "And then samples of materials or prices or dates of meetings with designers, plans for your hen party, and so on will go in here too. Then last but not least will be the photographs of the wedding itself, with a space for honeymoon pictures there too. Then you can have it all to keep and remember forever," I concluded my explanation.

She smiled widely and clapped her hands excitedly like Cissie used to when she was a little girl. "Eva, that sounds perfect. Now, where do we start?"

***

"Thank you so much, Eva. I will check to see when Andrew is off so he can come along next time to go over our hopes for the wedding. I'll get him to transfer that money to your Gringotts vault tonight too," Rachel said as she pushed herself up from the sofa and walked towards the door. I followed her out, chatting all the while; Rachel being a friendly woman and I having taken a great liking to her, which was always helpful when working with these people for long periods of time.

Some of the brides I've organised weddings for before have been nightmares: stressed out, not at all prepared to compromise, and occasionally so downright bitchy that I decided they didn't deserve all the effort I put in. Rachel though, I couldn't wait to work with, she was so lovely.