Evangeline

I tap my long acrylic nails on the table as I deliberate over which of the files of paperwork to tackle next: the St. Mungos Charity Fundraiser, or the Ministry Benefit? This is the only downside to being an events planner, so I can't complain. I set my quill down and smooth out the hem of my dress over my thigh before leaning back in my chair.

From my position on the high stone veranda, I can see out over the grounds that disappeared beyond a line of hedges in the distance. I pick up my tall glass of pumpkin juice and find it no longer iced, so I set it back down again and just fan myself instead, to alleviate some of the heat radiating down on me.

I pick my quill back up and pull over the nearest file, deciding I don't care which one it is, they both need doing; so I may as well start somewhere. The quicker I begin, the sooner I'll finish and be able to relax. I find it strange being able to relax, I realise, as I work away. With Draco out all day at work, I usually had Cissette here with me for company, but I'm still getting used to her absence in our home.

Hogwarts seems a long way away for my little girl to be and I hope she is getting on as well as she had in her first year. I know very little of the school, having gone to the Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts. I wish I hadn't now of course, with Hogwarts being the pinnacle of a wizards education I feel I've missed out somewhat on the whole experience, especially since I never got anywhere with the performing arts. I was a stubborn child though and was intent that Hogwarts wasn't for me. I can still whip up a Forgetfulness Potion, or perform a Stinging jinx, but I was never sorted into one of the famous houses, or taught under Professor Dumbledore. I have no idea where the Slytherin Common Room is and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many moving staircases there are. I'm sure Draco and Cissette could though, and I'm glad my daughter gets to have something I never will. It's something her and Draco can share in and talk over.

I sign my elaborate signature at the bottom of the piece of parchment, Evangeline Malfoy, and lay it to one side to send off later with our owl Artemis. I pull over another stack of papers and sift through them, finding the ones that require the least amount of effort to complete. I usually have a lot of patience with my workload but in this weather it's an absolute nightmare. After three more pages I give up, set my quill down resolutely and stand to go back inside.

I call our house elf to begin making dinner, and another glass of iced pumpkin juice, before heading upstairs, heels clicking on the wooden floors, to mine and Draco's bedroom to change out of this dress. I walk into the cool room and lean my body against the door to push it shut, then slip out of my heels to let my feet sink into the carpet. I pad across the floor to my side of our bed and open my wardrobe, pulling out a light cotton dress that I've had since our honeymoon, and begin to strip.

Usually I dress up for dinner; we often have Narcissa and some of the family round so it's rare that I actually get a chance to wear something comfy. Still, it impresses Draco all the same. I unzip my dress and then shimmy out of it, leaving it in a pool at my feet. I perch on the edge of our bed and unhook my stockings from my garters, peeling them off my long legs, unsure of why I even put stockings on this morning. I'm left sat on our bed in just my underwear, a pink ruffled bra and French knicker set Draco bought me for Christmas one year.

I hear one of the elves apparate downstairs, the clattering of a plate being set down on the table, and quickly slip on the clean dress and head back down to eat. In the hallway I pass the cabinet full of drinks and pick up a bottle of wine to put in the fridge to have after dinner. I walk into the dining room to be met with a familiar voice.

"Not been drinking already have we, Angel?" Draco greets me, pretending to tut at the bottle in my hand before bending down to kiss me.

"How dare you," I laugh at Draco, "I've been working my socks off all day while you've been out."

"And your shoes too I see. It must be a special occasion, you are never without your heels... except when we are in bed and I know we aren't there. Should we be perhaps?" he jokes cheekily, hinting at the sort of business he'd rather be doing.

I shake my head at him and roll my eyes, a coy smile playing on my lips. I've had to put up with this behaviour for nearly fifteen years and I'd learnt not to discourage him, as it only encourages him.

"You're home early today darling, all finished up at the Ministry?" I call back as I set the bottle of wine down on a kitchen counter before returning to the room and taking my place at the table. Draco has sat down opposite and has a mouthful of food, so he nods instead in reply. He swallows before elaborating.

"The Minister only needed us for a brief meeting and then sent us on our way, luckily. I would've been earlier but I got waylaid by a message from Hogwarts." I raise an eyebrow and sigh, knowing all too well that Cissette is just as bad as her father had been at her age. Merlin knows there is no doubting that they are related. I can only begin to imagine what she's been up to this time. Draco, sensing my exasperation and concern, continues with his story.

"Oh, leave her alone. She's having fun. It's some new teacher who just hasn't got used to her yet, that's all. I'll put them right. And stop worrying Evangeline darling, Cissie will be just fine.There's no way she'll get into half as much trouble as I did there." She's a Daddy's girl through and through; he has such a soft spot for her he'd let her get away with murder.

I laugh under my breath and wave him off. He smirks and stands up from the table, having finished eating, then makes his way round to my seat. I follow him with my eyes as I take a sip of my drink, until he is leaning down over me, surrounding me with his muscled arms still in his suit jacket.

"Come upstairs now, Angel," he says playfully in my ear, kissing up my neck. I shake my head and stand up too.

"I have work to finish Draco. Or else it's your boss I'll be in trouble with." He groans a little and mutters under his breath about being no fun. I shoot a glare at him and blow him a kiss before walking back outside to get to work on the remaining pile of parchment, making sure to sway my hips seductively as I went. I hear Draco moan behind me and I grin; I am a mean wife.

Ten minutes later he gets his revenge though, when he comes outside still in his suit trousers and shirt, a glass of some cocktail in his hand. He summons one of our sun loungers and stretches out on it. I narrow my eyes at him as I continue to work away.

I almost forget he's there until I see him sit up out of the corner of my eye, and unbutton the shirt, leaving his pale chest bared. That's the one thing I cannot resist, his smooth chest, muscled and just begging for me to lay my head on it. I attempt to hold out for a few minutes longer, but fail and flick my wand, sending my work to my office before I too walk out onto the lawn.

A few meters away from him, he looks up and sees me sauntering towards him, letting loose a low whistle. The green dress I have on is fairly see through in this light and the pink lace of my bra is probably showing through. I reach him and sit down in his lap, already feeling his excitement. He's just as bad as he was as a teenage boy, I think to myself, and giggle. I can't help it, that's what he does to me: one minute I'm a mother and mature business woman, the next a loved-up teenager with no powers of resistance at all.

"Sexy as ever, Mrs Malfoy," Draco drawls as his hands rub along my legs, winking suggestively at me with those gorgeous grey eyes.

"Likewise Mister Malfoy," I hiss. I bite the inside of my lip and push back his hair as I lean forward to kiss him passionately so we both fall back onto the lounger. My fingers rake through his blonde locks and work down along his shoulders, stripping him of his shirt, before they reach his chest and eventually come to a halt, resting on his warm skin there.

We break apart from the kiss and both smile. I swing myself off of the lounger and take Draco's hand to haul him up towards the house, fumbling all the way up the garden until we reached our sanctuary. I am rapidly deciding that maybe I don't mind Cissette being away so much after all.

I could certainly get used to spending all my time with Draco again, I think as I drift off to sleep.

I feel his weight shift on the bed as he gets back under the covers, having made a very quick call to Hogwarts, his arm draping possessively around my waist, nose burying into my neck, breathing softly. He pushes my auburn hair to one side and kisses along my shoulder blade.

"Night Angel, love you," he whispers huskily.

"Night Draco darling, I love you too."