Evangeline

"And you're sure he's not said anything to you, Evangeline?" Rachel wept as she sat facing me across the table in Madame Puddifoot's. It's not normally my scene but I was here to help Rachel so I didn't mind so much.

"Rachel, honey, he hasn't said anything to me, so stop worrying about it, ok?" I soothed.

"But, that could be bad. Do the other grooms you work with have more involvement in the arrangements  than Andrew?"

"Rach, none of the grooms ever seem particularly thrilled about the planning, ok? Andrew isn't an exception. They're waiting for one thing. Well, maybe two. The first is the actual wedding. The second is what all men want, so Andrew is definitely no different there. You've just got to let him do his thing a little. Find something else to talk about other than wedding stuff, yeah?"

Rachel looked at me, her large blue eyes watering still as she took in what I told her. She took a shaky gulp of the lukewarm, crappy cup of coffee and then a deep, shuddering breath. I watched as she nodded her head whilst thinking my words over, her face almost clearing until I was suddenly met with a stoney, desperate expression.

"What if he's... cheating though, Eva? I couldn't cope with that."

The real worry. Every woman's worry. This is what it all came down to. I'd had worries before, that Draco might be tempted; he wasn't short on female attraction and if he got bored of me... But why worry? I know Draco loves me and I know I can please him. It's an irrational worry of not being good enough. I got over it and so will Rachel.

"Look, Rachel. How long have you been with Andrew?"

"Since my fifth year at Hogwarts. His sixth."

"That's about fifteen years sweetheart. And how many times have you split up?"

"Never!" she stated firmly.

"And how many people had either you or he ever been with before getting together? I'd imagine no one, right?"

Rachel nodded slowly, the blonde highlights in her mousey brown hair reflecting the dull orange light from the chintzy tea lamps scattered around the tearoom.

"Well, I don't think you've got any problems there, honey, if you ask me. You've been together longer than Draco and I; broken up far fewer times, and have only ever loved one another. If that's not true love, or at least a proper relationship, then I don't know what is. And despite Draco and I not having had the chances you two have had, we're so happy together. We're strong. It's all about trust, Rachel. Even if I don't like something Draco does I have to trust it's for the best. I believe in him. And I've seen that with you and Andrew, Rach. You two are perfect. I've seen the way he looks at you and that's a man completely and utterly devoted. You're a lucky girl. Women would kill for what you two have, so trust him and just... Let it be, ok?"

I finish my little speech with a hand on her arm, my thumb wiping away her tears that have dried onto her cheek.